Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2000, 02:29 AM   #1
P5012

I've read through all the posts on this board and found one that i thought was going to save my day about where to find the Mithril Plate, but upon going back in the game to the 2 locations it states (Joril's Cave and Upper Dorn) i still can't find the stuff. Is the Plate a random item or is it a constant. I just went into Lower Dorn and am having some problems with the baddie's, mostly cuz my fighter is only at a -4 and i can't get him any lower than that. If it is a constant where in the 9 hells is it?? I've scoured the whole of Jorils cave and its just not there, any help would be extremely gratefull because i think this is going to start hurting a whole lot!
Old 10-04-2000, 03:22 AM   #2
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Mithril Plates, AFAIK, are always there. The first is in the "boiler room" in Dorn's Deep, in the far right, the level with all the Drow. A Drow Sorc, 2 Vanguards and some fighters guard it and some other items. The second is in Frostbite, the White Wyrm's lair. It's in a little cove hiden in the back of the lair on the floor, move your cursor around the floor until it lights up. Hope I could help.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2000, 10:43 AM   #3
P5012

Thanks for the help Wrath, found the one in the White Wyrm lair, man that was tricky, wasn't expecting the floor to light up like that. But the one in the Boiler Room just isn't there. Was it on somebody i killed?? Should it still be there if i'm going back to that part of the game or am i just sorta shafted cuz i missed it the first time??
Old 10-04-2000, 03:01 PM   #4
dragonslayer
Manshoon

The Mithral Field Plate Armour +2 is in the very top eastern part of the boiling room which is the area with all the Drow. I t looks like it's "just" an Axe as if it is some Orcs weapon which is the reason you might have missed it, it lies withe one of the Axes of Caged souls as well which is a pretty neat weapon when fighting Undead which you do almost all the Time in any RPG.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2000, 06:46 PM   #5
MojoMonkey

i don't remember fighting a White Wyrm! where was he?
Old 10-04-2000, 07:44 PM   #6
P5012

Is it possible that if i didn't pick it up the first time i was there it wont' be there upon return. I've already got the Axe of Caged Souls and i love the thing, although the Celebrants Blade is much nicer. So i've gone back and there is nothing left on the floor in anypart of that area so i've given up on getting it there. Thanks for all the info though.
Old 10-04-2000, 07:46 PM   #7
P5012

Oh yeah the White Wyrm is in Joril's Cave right at the beginning of that area.
Old 10-04-2000, 09:51 PM   #8
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No problem, I didn't find the one in Frostbite's little lair the first two times through as well And I don't know what to say about the plate not being there. Just remember that there are TWO Axes of Caged Souls, and the Mithril plate is with the first one, in the first level of the old Dorn kingdom. The second is in the furnace after killing the Lich, and the plate is not with that one.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2000, 10:09 PM   #9
P5012

Alright man, now you lost me! There are 2 of those Axes?? Now when you refer to the first part of Dorn where you have to cross the bridge and fight the Drow for the first time right? It's supposed to be in the room that has the 3 furnaces going and the one on the far right isn't burning and on the ground non the less. I'm getting really puzzeled to be honest. The only stuff still on the ground there are the anvils and very large weapons that you can't pick up. Oh well, it could be worse, i could always just cheat the extra set i got back into the game, but what fun is that. I just picked up the Bathed in Blood armour and that made me forget the Mithril pretty quick. One last quicky, was the Elven Chain +3 a constant or a random?? I've read that there are 2 or 3 of those in the Hand and i didn't find any of those either.

Thanks again for the help, greatly appreciated!
Old 10-05-2000, 04:50 PM   #10
Adhrael

I think the Elven Chain you talk about is random, it´s in one of the towers of the hand. The last time I played it, I used the autosave to enter each area 5-6 times and see all the stuff that i can find over there. For example, there is a place where you cna get the long bow of markmanship, a composite bow of action +2 and the hand´s bow.

About the mithril and the stuff, I never found the one in frostbite´s cave, but the other is on the drow´s map in the north-eastern part with a mage, 2 vanguard and 2 fighter. And yes, there you can find the Souls axe. The other souls axe is in the thing the ghosts opens for you (she gives you the key), this fire-thing (I don´t know the word in english) where you get the key to the passage.

Hope this helps