Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2000, 10:06 PM   #1
Terralor

Has anyone found any magic scimitars yet? I just finished the severed hand and I'm still looking for one. My poor druid has to use a mundane scimitar still. If anyone has found one, please let me know where. Thanks
Old 07-18-2000, 10:08 PM   #2
DailyRich

I found one later in the game, I think in Dorn's Deep. Wasn't that special, IIRC.
Old 07-18-2000, 11:24 PM   #3
wyrmslayer

I have found 2, the first was in Kresselack's coffin, it was called "Miellikki's Hand" or something (a +1 Scimitar). Later after kicking the tar out of Joril and his Frost Giant Kin I found a +3 Frostbrand Scimitar (pre-Drizzt use). This really helped my Fighter/Druid lay down some serious ecological justice! Watch out clear cutters! Anyway, I hope that helps a little...
Old 07-19-2000, 12:27 AM   #4
Wretched

They are totally random. I went through the whole game and never found a magical scimitar.. while other people have found 1 or often times several different magical scimitars. Kindof sucks... you'd think that they'd make at least one Scimitar that always appears in the game, for those people playing a sword-wielding druid.
Old 07-20-2000, 12:39 AM   #5
kdogrex2

I just finished the Joril area and I found the +3 Scimitar: Frostbrand in with all the other booty. I've definitely found enough stuff for runing a druid that I'm dualing one of my fighters to druid on my next trip through (hehehe, that's when I start using the editor and pummeling with impunity!)
Old 07-23-2000, 12:09 AM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

I've located only two magical scimitars. One, of course, is the Frostbrand +3 (which, oddly, does not give the wielder resistance to fire....) The second is Valiant, a scimitar (of speed) +2, granting 1 extra attack per round. There are a couple of worthy daggers that a druid could use (either Presio's dagger or Fire Kiss) as well as the wonderful club Peacekeeper (+3).
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2000, 12:17 AM   #7
sattymike

I found the +3 Frostbrand but I have better weapons at this point so I pawned it. Most of my stuff was +4 or +3 going into the GLacier anyways...
Old 08-05-2002, 02:38 PM   #8
whodoyouthinkyouare
The Magister

It is possible to find 2 identical frostbands, as well as the one in Kresselack's tomb, the Valiant, and The Wind of Heaven (the best), which is only in TOTL.
whodoyouthinkyouare is offline   Reply With Quote