Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2002, 05:18 AM   #1
Epyon
Welcomed New User

Melissan and company are rocking my a$$....need help....it seems that Melissan pops up whenever one of the bhaalspawn are killed...I usually go for Illasera cuz she's just crap compared to the other bhaalspawn or Balthazar...even though Balthazar always kills off at least 2 of my melee characters....Anyhoo back to my problem....my fighters are always getting killed and when Melissan summons those alufiends it makes things even worse...like WTH....you've got 5 bhaalspawn and 4 alufiends not to mention Melissan too...can anyone suggest to me any strategies to beat her cuz I've been at it for hours and my roomate is getting tired of listening to the same battle music and the same voices and watching the same background so I really gotta finish this game soon...

Here's my party breakdown:
my npc - Human dual Kensai lvl 19/mage lvl 24 - Dual wielding celestial fury and crom faeyr. has 3 lvl 9 spell slots

sarevok - Human dual Fighter lvl 20/Theif lvl 28 - Carsomyr +6 has has 1 of each HLA trap plus 6 normal traps + hardiness

Valygar lvl 25- stalker dual wielding Hindo's Doom and The Answerer

Korgan lvl 30- berzerker dual wielding Angurdaval + 5 and axe of the unyielding + 5

Aerie lvl 20 cleric/lvl 17 mage- Staff of the Magi....cant cast lvl 9 spells yet but can cast 2 quest spells

I have never been in a battle where I have so hopelessly lost until now....I already thought the battle before (Irenicus,Bodhi,Solar) was REALLY difficult as it was.....

OH YAH....what happened to IMOEN i had her in my party and she turned into a slayer during the dialog thing with Melissan so I killed her off (thats why I only have 5 people in my party)....is there any way to avoid this or is this how it is suppose to be
Epyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:17 AM   #2
Ted Bigfoot
Dungeon Master

SPOILER ALERT

Get Sarevok to place some spike traps in the area where Melissan appears before you close off the power sources. It will drastically reduce her hit points allowing your fighters to close in with Greater Whirlwind attacks to hit her hard and fast.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:21 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

*cough* *cough*

Ted, he is talking about the improved Melissan fight in the ToB mod, Ascension. It is a whole new fight altogether.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 04:31 AM   #4
Ted Bigfoot
Dungeon Master

Oooops, sorry - Ascension mod? How do I get this, sounds fun (in a slightly masochistic way).

Sorry Epyon, should have read your message a little closer. I'll just hang my head and shuffle off now (sniff ... sniff).
Old 03-05-2002, 04:35 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
OH YAH....what happened to IMOEN i had her in my party and she turned into a slayer during the dialog thing with Melissan so I killed her off (thats why I only have 5 people in my party)....is there any way to avoid this or is this how it is suppose to be

Heh! That was selfish of you to do. If you had waited a little time before killing her you would have found out she only stay as the slayer for a few mins, then she revert back to normal. Just like you did in the Asilium.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:55 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, we just ignored her(she doesn't really do any harm and we were after those damned Fallen Solars anyway.) She turns back and apologises and says: "Thanks for not killing me?" You're welcome, Immy, you little sweetie!
Old 03-06-2002, 12:58 AM   #7
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

SPOILER
Anwyay, I was able to beat the Improved Melissan Battle once with my six characters, but I had to turn down the difficulty a tad, which it talks about in the readme.. since the battle is purposefully scalable. I did find out some interesting tactics while doing it, and when I get TOB working again I'll go and finish my battle right.

I had Balthazar on my team, which is a GREAT help mind you... I was Chaotic Good, and what you have to do is just convince him to join you instead of the other two endings to his battle, which are he kills himself, or he fights you. He tried killing himself for what seemed like forever... but I finally got through his stupid dialogue and recruited him. He is a strong mofo.

Anyway, if you're evil you can recruit Bohdi to your side from what I've seen and read in the readme... I couldn't find a way to do it being good, and she just told me off whenever I tried... but she doesn't like her brother and turns on him for that battle. Anyway, on to the final battle.

A big help is knowing that every time you kill a Bhaalspawn Melissan is WEAKENED. By weakened I mean she takes 100, yes I said 100 damage and goes unconscious for a very long time.... though I could have just stunned her, who knows. That only happens once she comes out for the last time, after you kill two of her little Bhallspawn friends. The Bhaalspawn you fight in the normal battle are Illasera, Yaga-Shura, Abazigal (Who doesn't turn into a dragon, so take him out early, because he's a pain), Sendai ( Who's really dumb, go send a guy after her and she'll be taken care of), and (if you haven't recruited him) Balthazar. *My* battle included both Gromnir Il-Khan, and also Sarevok. Kill Sarevok... he's easy. Gromnir enrages so you can't stop him that well. I suggest using the spell Maze for like Illsera... you think she's easy, but that stupid bow of hers really kills... casting miscast magic on every hit and doing like 20-30 damage... and she keeps going invisible! Ugh! Anyway, kill a couple of them, Yaga-shura save for later... in fact just either enfeeble him, maze him, stun him, or slow him, and you're fine. He has over 400 life and you have to poke him for like 2 at a time to get him down. So you'll have I believe 6 guys to start, kill 2, then she comes and starts to wail. Forget about her, or try and keep her occupied, what you need to do is kill more Bhallspawn.. for as I said, it weakens her. Then keep doing it, until she's down low on life. When you kill her in her immortal form, and hopefully she doesn't heal herself all the way like she's prone to do, she becomes mortal with all her health again... but no Bhallspawn... just stun her or slow her and wail again... she's yours. Tada!