Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 04:11 PM   #1
elpanpan
Welcomed New User

I just found an AD&D character that I use to play 16 years ago(haven't played since really), and want to use him in Icewind Dale. So I downloaded Dalekeeper to modify a character to match, and I have a program error. It won't even open.

Just wondering...this is my first computer in about 10+ years and it's the new imac with OS.x. Could that be my problem since everything seems geared for IBM PC.

Help me if you can.

elpanpan AKA "Almuric Draclonious Demonte"
elpanpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:29 PM   #2
Elif Godson
Dracolich

If I'm correct DALE KEEPER is PC based. You might want to check the sight and read the FAQ on it to make sure.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:36 AM   #3
elpanpan
Welcomed New User

I tried to find the FAQ on Dalekeeper...no luck. the exact message from my imac was..."Could not read dictionary of applicaction or extension because of program error".

I am just confused. Really though I'm just the age where there really is nobody that I used to play AD&D around anymore. I don't mind, but I really like this world. I love fantasy...I love the world of Robert E. Howard. I love Drizzit...so it's my escape, and would love to incoprate my childhood with the present.

Solo AD&D play who would ever have guessed? I remmember the modules i.e. self play modules with invisible ink. This really is Bards Tale or Ultima whatever...with the original fun and imagination.

I don't really care if I can incorparate my past with trhe present. But love the idea of hours upon hours of play to be compatible with the now.

Is there a dalekeeper for mac's....please help...it's not the challenge...it's the journey.

On the planet of Almuric...anybody know this R E Howard...Draclonious Demonte...where the apes rule...
elpanpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 09:29 AM   #4
DaemonJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

DaleKeeper is indeed only for the PC and I am surprised that you were even able to get it to run. I will PM you with my email address and if you would email your saved game along with what you want your character to have I will try to do that.

It may be that the character file format is different between the 2 versions of the game but it is worth a shot.
DaemonJ is offline   Reply With Quote