Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2001, 02:18 AM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

grrrrrr... damn. well i just got through playing through the game again, and i ran into a bit of a snag after Ellisimes speech. only half my party is transported: every other person (Minsc, Keldorn, Imoen) is transported to the grove after the cinematics and crap, but the other half (me, an elven thief, Aerie, Jahiera) stays in the temple. if i must, i will recite the equipment of my main character, and the other 2 left behind. i either need a fix for this (doubtful that anyone knows it yet, i dont even think interplay knows about this yet... should probably talk to them next) or the cheat to go to a diff map.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 02:38 AM   #2
Floraowe
The Magister

Not only you...happened to me, too. Except only me & Jaheira stayed behind - I thought it had happened because Valygar died, but apparently not. I didn't know what to do, so I reloaded my final save, did the final battle again, and everything went fine after that, and everyone was transported to the new area. So all I can suggest is try again, I hope it works out.
Floraowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 02:40 AM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i have done that... 5 times already. its the same conditions every time, and it may be cuz my main char is partially invis. doubt it tho, but ill try it...

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 07-07-2001, 08:30 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Did you play through or use a savegame other than your final save?

I had the problem when I tried to use an earlier savegame. Half of them were moved to the grove and the other half were still in Hell.

You may want to report that to Interplay or Bio, Seph.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 11:41 AM   #5
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

the official patch from Bioware is supposed to fix this. The patch is still beta at this stage.

------------------
visit www.zipworld.com.au/~wsgs

[This message has been edited by Draggor (edited 07-07-2001).]
Draggor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 03:05 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

bah, the full version of the patch had better work, cuz the beta doesnt! ive replayed the final battle 3 times since dling the patch, and refuse to do it one more time until i get it fixed.
Old 07-08-2001, 07:41 AM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

happened to me too.
i ended up doing the long complicated route.
take my last savegame and export myself. write down everything that everyone is holding on their person.
start a new game with new chars for tob, choosing of course to import myself and myself alone.
i start the new game by myself, go thru the opening bit by myself...its a little tough, but definitely doable.
then once in the pocket plane, i had the option of bringing in anyone i wanted to my party. i chose all my teammates from before and they arrive buffed up to the opening level amounts.. not lvl 18, but the equivalent amount of experience.
once i have everyone, i save and pop out to shadow keeper and give them all the equipment they would have brought over, minus quest items etc. its up to you if you want to up their levels. if they had a lot more than what the game starts them out, well then, give them the points. at this point...SAVE!!! *LOL* you do not want to do all this a second time.
long and involved, i know, and i am sorry about that, but it worked. and i was very very happy once i had finished doing this. i just love the addon.

V***V

vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 10:10 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

To get around, just finish your SoA game and don't play through. Then load up your final SoA save game in ToB (just before the final battle), it should skip past the final battle and take you straight to the opening scene in ToB. It may work.

Seph, you may want to email your savegame to Bio so that they can fix whatever is wrong with the beta.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 01:14 PM   #9
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... COuldn't you use CLUAConsole:MoveToArea(ar####) to get the rest of your group where it should be?

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!
:1drgat1:
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 12:53 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ecard stole my idea, all you have to do is just push "x", or is it "l", when you are on the grove, and get the area code, then click on your portrait, and move that part of the group to the appropriate area.

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote