Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 05:24 PM   #111
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Shatter"...

Larry let the name roll from his lips.
It was a nice name, and Larry was amazed at how much lore ability
this half-elf possessed.

Grinning back at her, Larry responded...
"And all I went through just to get your dagger back from that evil dwarf! I had to fight him and his two brothers just to get it back, and all you can do is smirk at me" ?

He hoped that this would bring some smiles from Spree who was in obvious pain, as well as Deiter who was in obvious stress at seeing his two friends in obvious pain...

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 05:33 PM   #112
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

When Spree was not making any moves to give Larry back Nightblade, and Larry knew that Shatter was not going to be his for long, decides to veture into stupidity once more and ask...

"Ummm...Spree?
Can I have my sword back, now?
I think she likes me...you know, saving my life and all..."
Old 10-11-2001, 05:34 PM   #113
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Just a few minutes before my parents wake up...)

"Serephine, why does your first loyalty lie with Meldrin?"

Serephine stares at Mistral as if the latter has gone quite mad. ~ "It is an honour to serve the Nightblade family. Everyone knows that..." ~ A short pause ~ "After all, they are the only elvenfolk here who have a family name tied to their first ones."

Mistral clears her throat. ~ "Is family name that important to all of you? Should not deeds speak louder than words? What exactly has Meldrin done to deserve your worship and respect?"

~The room is silent for a long while, as Serephine carefully considers Mistral's words. ~ "I...I suppose you are right in a sense. But there is no one else here to lead us."

"Do not fear change, Serephine, for sometimes it leads to a new life. From what I have seen, Meldrin is obsessed with hoarding treasures and nothing else. Anyone else would be an improvement."

"You want me to conduct a revolt, don't you?" a grim smile begins to crawl into the corners of Serephine's lips. ~ "Hmm... we haven't had much activity here in a long while..." ~ Laughs out loud ~ "Very well! It's time we had some fun here..." ~

(ooc: Alarm has rung, and I am off for breakfast and setting off to work. Seeya all later!)

Old 10-11-2001, 05:44 PM   #114
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She exhales loudly, looking at Deiter.~ "Sometimes I AM REALLY not proud AT ALL of the human bit of my ancestry." ~She pulls her cloak from the nearby wardrobe, revealing many identical daggers.~ "If you really thought I held the dagger in any value then why would I leave it to you?!" ~She tosses the cloak back to the oak piece of furniture. She holds Nightblade in her hands contently with a tear in the corner of her eye. At Larry's stupidity she looks over with a harsh glare. She smirks and says a few words.~ "Shatter! Night and Raven!" ~She holds up the scythed wrist as if to give proof, and the green blade raises from Larry's grip, holding its edge to his throat.~ "Larry... PLEASE take this wood-elven proverb: Those who do not think no longer speak." ~She grips Nightblade tightly.~ "Shatter! Leaf and Wood!" ~The blade draws back, showing its hilt to Larry. A red scythe graced it.~ "That sword was born the day I was. 'Tis no match of lore. Shatter! Cloak and Dagger!" ~The sword drops silently to the ground. And Killing Spree nods, handing Nightblade back to Larry.~ "I had no intention of keeping her, if you would only learn patience." ~She looks at the blade.~ "And you should thank the stars that rogue puts up with your bouts of stupidity." ~She steps back unsteadily, picking up Shatter.~
Old 10-11-2001, 06:01 PM   #115
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry sheaths Nightblade.
He was beginning to understand more about what was going on.
Now, if only he could earn Spree's respect and trust.
What would it take?

"Well, I am sure that we are not going to just give Shatter over to those fools.
Do you have a plan on how to get in and out of their little sea-city and rescue Mistral without submitting to their will?
And how does Mistral's parentage relate to Shatter and yourself"?
Old 10-11-2001, 06:04 PM   #116
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Going home now from work...
I will be back online when my wife lets me be...

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:07 PM   #117
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She gives a confused look.~ "What? Who?" (ooc: Remember, she was unconcious) ~She looks at Deiter.~ "Tell me he's drunk... Please... Or else, what does he speak of? Was something happening while I was out?"
Old 10-11-2001, 06:45 PM   #118
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Sorry I'm back

-Deiter shook his head at Killing Spree."What he speaks of is true. While we were on the boat trying to find Mistral we got sucked up in a whirlpool. Then ended up in a sea elven place." Deiter looked over at Larry then back to Killing Spree"We saw Mistral there, but then we had to leave before we could do anything for her..."-

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-11-2001, 07:10 PM   #119
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She nods her head, recalling an old pun.~ "I see said the blind man as he took his hammer and saw." ~She looks at Larry.~ "Let me tell you that she is of the house of Freelight, their head for many years was always called Brightblade, twas a nickname." ~She coughs, continuing.~ "Nightblade and Brightblade, foes to the bitter death." ~She croaks on.~ "One a self-righteous human paladin, the other a chaotic fiend-grown assasin. Do the math." ~She grimaces.~ "If I'd known I would have done the katana at your belt some vengeance and killed her." ~Her fingers furiously trace the scythe.~ "Noting things I dare not repeat for sake of his tortured soul." ~She whispers this last sentence, then coughs harshly again, bracing herself with Ravenwood.~

[This message has been edited by Killing Spree (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 07:34 PM   #120
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Still there, Deiter and Killing Spree? A bit of bad news on my side... my left eye has gone almost completely red and I shouldn't be staring that much at the comp screen. Will give this session a miss.

Going to see a doctor this evening; not sure whether I am able to participate tonight. Basic rule: Do not wait me to take my turn, okie? If you wanna storm in and rescue my character without be being around, that's fine with me - I don't wanna delay the plot.

Okie, have fun, and I'll try to get more sleep so that I can at least make a short contribution when the action is going on. @%R$#%#$ left eye... )