Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Wow, Just started watching Rome.. pretty good, loads of nude women too! [img]smile.gif[/img] Wife won't see! SHHHH!

But 24 is starting off okay.. I just don't see terrorists going after LA every year. Sorry. They would hit NY or Washington DC. And Suitcase nukes were attempted, but weighed 400+ lbs because of the lead encasing, they were unpractical. Hollywood....

My favorite show currently is Prison Break. BAD ASS writing. I blew off season 1 completely, but watched season 2. I got season 1 DVD set for Christmas, and WOW... amazing, intelligent plot line. REALLY good. Rare these days.

Anyone here watching any of these? Forum seems dead, maybe merge it with Gen Con...?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

They're only dead some other shows come back... (4 days till Heroes, and 12 days till House!)

I found 24 interesting, but never really got into it. Same with Prison Break. Great writing, I agree, but not my thing
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Worst thing about prison break was the real weak ending to season one tho it did leave me hanging on for season two, its just a killer living in the uk.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Rome is prolly my favorite TV show, im lovin the first episode of the second season, Lucius Vorenus is my favorite character, except for maybe the Aqua Teens.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah I've been watching Prison breaka nd love the writing. Its a bit unbelieveable in places but other than that its great.

SPOILER!!!!!

Loved the clifhanger they left us with halfway through seson 2 with both guys running off with Kellerman

[ 01-19-2007, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I have just finished watching season 1 of Rome. I didn't watch it when it started on TV (which was good because I think they showed about 3 episodes in like August before taking it off and are only now in the non-ratings period showing it again) but my dad got it on DVD. I enjoyed it; I didn't watch it originally because knowing about roman history, especially that period which is so well documented, that is the sort of show where I knew I would be 'that is so not what happened' and get cranky and not enjoy it. Well I did that a bit, although by about halfway through I was like, 'hang it, I'm enjoying the soap-like drama, who cares about realism' . And it wasn't too bad really, realism-wise. And I don't mind the way they took artistic licence in some things, like changing things so Vorenus and Pullo were always in the thick of it. I liked that those characters allowed them to show the non-aristocratic Roman life as well, since all the major players were the nobility. It was more the things that they changed unnecessarily, like how old Cato was, or the fact that Cassius just turns up in the last few episodes when it would have been more interesting and you'd be more engaged with him if he'd been in with Pompey earlier, which he actually was. Those sorts of things bugged me because it was like, this was a super-interesting time as it really was! It's kind of insulting almost to have them think they have to dramatise it, like gee wouldn't it fit the story better if Cato was an abstemious old dude rather than the heavy-drinking guy in his 40s that he was? No, actually, the way it was in real life is way more interesting and not so cliched. But anyway, I enjoyed it.

And I loved season 1 of Prison Break, it was my favourite show last year. Which is strange because that is totally not my kind of show at all, so much suspense and gore. I had to watch it with my eyes covered some of the time lol. But very compelling. Season 2 is starting here in two weeks which I am looking forward too heaps. I couldn't believe with the way season 1 ended that they will actually still be on the run this season but I guess far more illogical things have happened on the show lol
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 AM   #7
Target
Red Dragon

I'm a CIS fan myself, really enjoy it. Also got season 1 of House for Christmas so looking forward to that.
Watched the first few episodes of Prison Break, but was not gripped.
Saw the first 24, not had the time or right TV channels to see the others.
Saw bits of the first epp of Rome, but the way they spoke didn't not seem realistic, would be interested in watching it all though.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:49 AM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I watch Rome, and I think it rules. Waiting for new Episodes of 24. I never watched a single episode of Prison Break.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

"True Roman Bread, for True Romans"
Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Loved Rome, Prison Break was ok... But I hated 24! I thought it was a little cheesy somehow...