Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 01:56 PM   #11
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:

I prefer Final Fantasy Series or Breath of Fire series or even Farland Series. These are good rpg and the best there is. unlike those crap bioware games.
What a coincidence! You have named my three least favorite games. I guess we are polar opposites, but I shall not lower myself to your level by calling them what you di MY three favorite games.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 01:38 AM   #12
drewal
Drow Warrior

The BG series games + IWD are outstanding. Granted, each is entitled to their own opinion. But I have been playing RPGs since the first Zork game, through the Bard's Tales, through the Gold Box games, and Ultima. The BG series recaptures some of the old magic, with an outstanding balance of story and action.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:02 AM   #13
Lek Dukagjin
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Since NWN is made by bioware, I have a pretty much assumption it going to end up crap like BG2 , Planescape and IWD.

however, from screenshot I gather from gamespot. It's mostly just fighting. I think. which is good.
You are a sick, twisted man.

BG2, IWD, & Planescape = CRAP???? it pains me to my very heart to hear such horrid blasphemy.
Kakero~ what do you consider to be a GOOD rpg?
[/QUOTE]I agree! I love Planescape!
Old 06-12-2002, 01:18 PM   #14
MagiK

Wow, I don't think I have ever heard anyone call BG, BG2, IWD or Planescape crap before [img]smile.gif[/img] It makes my little heart go pitter pat to see so many people agreeing with me that these are probably some of the best RPG's out there. In decades to come they will be remembered with the likes of Wizardy, Ultima and Might and Magic...August company indeed.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:24 AM   #15
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Is NWN going to be like Summoner(If you have ever played it)? From the screen shots it looks like it is. If is then i want to know WHAT THE HEACK THOSE GENIUSES AT BIOWARE THINKING GOING OFF AND BUTCHERING THEIR REPUTATION BY MAKING A GAME WITH THAT VIEW? I played Summoner for about 4 weeks untill i realized the reason it wasnt was enjoyable as BG2 was because it had that crappy angle. I much prefer the BG, BG2, IWD angle. And the options bars on the sides and bottom of the screens are excelent features.

...Well thats my ranting for the day...
Dagorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 07:21 AM   #16
Madriver
Manshoon

I never played summoner so I don't know what angle you're talking about, but if you don't like the angle in NWN you can just alter it. You can swivel and shift the camera angle laterally or vertically like in dungeon siege, with the same restriction of not seeing the sky.

Does that ease your fear and make you feel warm all over
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:24 PM   #17
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Will i be able to change the angle so that it is just like BG2?