Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 10:08 AM   #1
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I mentioned once before about the fish coming out of the water to get at me.

Well, it was happening quite a lot twards the end of the game. At one point I was attacked, on land, by two Dartha Eels... and a Sea Shark.

Now when my Gourk tells me that she senses an aquatic monster while I am on land I pay attention.

At first I thought that this would be a bug except that it never occured when I played the first time through.

On the other hand the only other reasonable conclusion is that the fish are mutating inside of the program which would be quite a feature and somewhat unecessary.

Does someone have a screen capture program that they can point me to? I usually just use ALT+Print Screen at work and that does not seem to work for me here at home when WW has taken over the display.

I'm tellng you. It is pretty funny and some pictures would be great.

Meow
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 10:18 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Saz recently started a thread on Screen capture progs. I'll search for it and push it back up (but the web is painfully slow for me today) so do a search on your own too!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 11:39 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's being painfully slow for everyone, Wyvern. I had to try 3 times to get into the forum today.

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 11:46 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Seems to have gotten even slower - but it's slow everywhere so probably not a problem at Ziroc's end. Last time it slowed down like this there were thunderstorms in his neck of the woods which caused his servers to go down!
At least we are running!

Wyv
Old 03-17-2001, 01:48 PM   #5
Max
Dungeon Master

This reminds me of two other such happenings. The first being the crypt bats in the asylum (when you first enter the asylum and you in the water). The bats are up high and they fly down the get you, well most of them fly under water. It can be a real pain in the butt trying to target a bat flying under water.

The second time is in the collasium at the end when you use the two glow stones to open the two rooms with the leavers to get to the chest with the last peice of tablet in it. Well just infront of this chest (which is above water) I repeatedly had sharks there just hovering in mid air. And being out of water doesn't seem to affect there breathing either as they don't die unless you kill them.

Just two more bits of useles info..lol. Made me laugh at the time though.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 07:12 PM   #6
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well you just don't expect to see Marine animals in mid-air. I know that it is a bit strange that I am so on about this but of all of the bugs and features this one gets me the most. It is even more vexing than the obstructionist toads.

In Colasium I was being chased by a whole school of Baracudas in one of the sections above water.
Old 03-17-2001, 07:17 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Get the pics!!! Can't wait to see them!!

Wyv
Old 03-17-2001, 07:18 PM   #8
Moni

Meow, I "lifted" many a crab and shark out of the water and hacked at them in mid air. It is a pretty funny sight to see!

I have a screen shot program I can send you. E-mail me and let me know how I can get it to you if you want it. My E-mail address is available through my profile here.

It is very small (849KB) and there is no set-up invloved...just put it on your desktop, open it and configure your hot key, and go play.

: )
Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 03-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 03-17-2001).]
Old 03-17-2001, 07:23 PM   #9
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One of the things I started doing was collecting all of the monsters turned to stone on my boat. I had a centaur, a shark, two crabs, and a raptor.

Maybe it was just me but the Centaur seemed a bit indignant about the whole thing.
Old 03-17-2001, 07:28 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Guys...it sounds like great Gael Serran Examiner material. Let me know if you want a storyline with it...or come up with one like Elara did.

-Sazerac (please direct e-mails to sazerac1963@yahoo.com now.
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote