Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2001, 01:30 PM   #1
Vinnius

Ok Ok I install the game, get ready to play the game and Whammo The Town Screen in the game is Black, as in no graphics in there. The rest of the screen appears ok, no portraits though, nor any text.

I'm running a Piii 500 128 RAM and Tried both a Voodoo 3 2k PCI and a Monster Fusion PCI, both with the same results. I'm running DX7 and all the standard stuff. This is the first game I have had problems with using either of those 2 cards and this computer.

Has anyone had this problem??? Also My friend with faster system and GeForce card had the same problem. But my other friend with an identical system to me except a TNT2 card instead has no problems with the game.

Desperately hoping I didn't waste 40 bucks =(
Old 02-13-2001, 01:40 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah yes - we have seen this problem before! and the one thing your omitted telling us for certain is which OS (Win2000 by chance?) that you are using.
Sounds like you town.avi are having trouble to which I will steer you to a thread on the first page about Win2k problems and the like - your solution is there!!

If you can't find it - let me know, we'll get you help!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 01:46 PM   #3
Vinnius

Thanks I'll check it out.

Also I'm using win 98 =( sorry bout forgetting that.

I'll get back here if I don't get a fix. I'm so anxious to play!!!
Old 02-13-2001, 01:58 PM   #4
Vinnius

Uh oh now someone recommend a good decompressor..... That MAY end up being my actual problem.(God I need to take some Classes one of these days instead of winging it all the time)
Old 02-13-2001, 02:03 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Vinn - if you continue to have some trouble - post to Sazerac and/or carg - they're really good with the technical problems and should be able to get you up and running!!

(and it is worth the trouble! the game does have some flaws/bugs but it is still the best game I've played in many long years!)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote