Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2001, 03:16 PM   #1
hiredgun1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a plain vanilla fighter, Korgan, Edwin, Jan, Aerie and the paladin (forget his name). I'm thinking of picking up Imoen (dropping Jan) and considering replacing Aerie w/ Viconia or Amonen. What do you guys think, should I just keep Aerie or exchange her for a full cleric (if so, which one?). Any other suggested changes to my party?
hiredgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 03:45 PM   #2
Seid
Manshoon

What is your characters alignment? Try not to mix evil characters with good ones. If you want an evil party drop Keldorn(paladin) for Sarevok, leave Jan, drop Aerie for Viconia(she's a great Cleric). If you want a good party, replace Edwin and Korgan with Minsk and any other good character. Leave Aerie, since you're gonna need a mage.

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Seid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 03:45 PM   #3
Seid
Manshoon

What is your character's alignment? Try not to mix evil characters with good ones. If you want an evil party drop Keldorn(paladin) for Sarevok, leave Jan, drop Aerie for Viconia(she's a great Cleric). If you want a good party, replace Edwin and Korgan with Minsk and any other good character. Leave Aerie, since you're gonna need a mage.

------------------
Old 07-23-2001, 03:47 PM   #4
Seid
Manshoon

What is your character's alignment? Try not to mix evil characters with good ones. If you want an evil party drop Keldorn(paladin) for Sarevok, leave Jan, drop Aerie for Viconia(she's a great Cleric). If you want a good party, replace Edwin and Korgan with Minsk and any other good character. Leave Aerie, since you're gonna need a mage.

------------------
Old 07-23-2001, 03:47 PM   #5
Seid
Manshoon

------------------
Old 07-23-2001, 04:07 PM   #6
hiredgun1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What's wrong with mixing alignments (aside from the roleplaying aspect). I can't bear to give up Keldorn or Edwin and Saverok. By the way, should I keep Aerie or go with Anomen????
hiredgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 04:33 PM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Sometimes your characters will start to fight with one another. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. Sarevock rocks, and I don't think you should give him up if you have him, and recruit him if you do. Drop Korgan for him. Stick with Aerie. You'll *need* a mage!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 05:16 PM   #8
Jim
Quintesson

Mixing alignments is fine as long as you watch your rep and they do indeed occasionally split to fight it out.

My party is as follows
Tomed Human Kensai
Keldorn (excellent with Holy Avenger +6, Gauntlets of Dex, girdle of frost)
Anomen (Great cleric, good fighter)
Jaheria (good priest spells, elemental change capability, good fighter)
Jan (Good thief/mage)
Edwin (By far the best mage in the game)

I'm sure Sarevok rules as a fighter but I'm playing it through with these guys first.

I'd recommend getting Anomen instead of Aerie, because he is also a level 7 fighter which gives him a very respectable THAC0 when he reaches 20+ level as a cleric and can be used as a tank, especially with righteous magic spells.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 10:26 AM   #9
Terchon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have finished the game 3 times and my party is:
1st time
My character(Inquisitor)
Keldorn
Anomen
Minsc
Jaheira
Imoen
2nd
My character(barbarian)
Keldorn
Anomen
Minsc
Sarevok
Jan
3rd
My character(sorcerer)
Keldorn
Anomen
Minsc
Jaheira
Jan

and i am playing the game for a fourth time with a monk and my party is the same with Valygar in the place of Jaheira or Sarevok

------------------

"Look. A rock. How fascinating" Edwin
Terchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 11:17 AM   #10
Gustave
The Magister

Right now, my party is..

Cavalier
Minsc
Anomen
Sarevok
Imoen
Nalia

I heard that you could use Sarevok without any hindrances since he swore that oath to you. If anyone knows any different, please let me know.
Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote