Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2003, 01:29 AM   #1
Xarsha
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings

Not sure if anyone will be able to help or not. I am at the end of the prison with the stone circle. I have the strategy guide and it shows that there are eight sockets to put the wooden sticks in with two being on each wall. If this is so then my problem is that one wall I can only find one socket. I am totally frustrated. Thanks for any help ya can give me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 07:18 AM   #2
the_young_one
Manshoon

The strategy guide has a number of "inaccuracies". Play around with inserting the wooden pegs into different holes and use the look up and jump to reach the two exits..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 08:50 AM   #3
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Xarsha,
I believe only 1 hole is at eye level. The rest you will see when parts of the wall move out as a result of you putting the sticks into the holes. You'll get to those holes by jumping up onto the sections that jut out from the wall.

Good luck. I found the walkthrough(meaning the one on the Ironworks page) useful, in fact, it helped me find all 4 sticks which really made it easier to get the treasure and get out

HarleyQuinn

[ 01-25-2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]
Old 01-25-2003, 09:16 AM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to tThe Board, Xarsha !!!!

If you've posted, before
........I just don't......recall

In any event...
heres some help...with the wall.

There are only 7 holes, for the worm sticks. 1 on the north wall and 2 on each of the other 3.

If you know how to jump...look up, then..press and hold...'shift + up arrow + num pad 0'...you can do it with only 1 stick....or no sticks, if you're really good.

If you have trouble jumping...
Quote:
originanlly posted on Xignal's hints page

Use the sticks in the circles to extend the blocks to jump up to the exits. I started with the lowest circle on the east wall and used the remaining two sticks above the subsequent blocks, and then pulled out the first stick and used it on the fourth hole.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:08 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Xarsha!!!

As mentioned, you'll fine that the strategy guide leaves much to be desired. It has often (on this board) been referred to a the Tome of Misinformation! This board is a lot more helpful and much friendlier!

You might wish to check Xignal's walkthru: http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html for additional tips on how to solve this particular puzzle. You don't need to have all the available sticks though that certainly can be helpful. Hope you get it solved soon!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 01:15 PM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Xarsha:
Greetings

Not sure if anyone will be able to help or not. I am at the end of the prison with the stone circle. I have the strategy guide and it shows that there are eight sockets to put the wooden sticks in with two being on each wall. If this is so then my problem is that one wall I can only find one socket. I am totally frustrated. Thanks for any help ya can give me [img]smile.gif[/img]
You don't happen to be in the room that leads to the Idol of Aku? That area has only one socket in it.
If not just ignore me.
Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 02:10 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I was thinking the same thing.... there are seven or eight easily visible holes in the stick room, and two passages up high that lead out of it. There are also a number of rectangles in the walls where the blocks slide out.

You may be in the room leading to the Idol, or in the room leading to Grunaxe (oh, sweets Grunaxe! How I misses you!)

Check Xignal's site listed above, and you should be able to figure out where you are.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 12:02 AM   #8
Xarsha
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you all for replying. I am happy to say that I am done with Boogre prison. Managed to get out the secret exit for the treasure also. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xarsha is offline   Reply With Quote