Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2003, 04:20 AM   #1
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

No thread about tennis ? And Roland garros is already heading to the final stages.

Anyway, WE HAVE A BELGIAN WINNER [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] . For the first time ever, a Belgian womens player will win the thing. At this point, to me, it doesn't matter if it's Justine or Kim. All is good but i think Justine has the better chances. Her match against Serena was way better then Kim's both in suspence and style.

Now for the Dutchies today. Maybe they'll get a man in the final.

[ 06-06-2003, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: the new JR Jansen ]
Old 06-06-2003, 04:27 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Yup, we'll see if Martin Verkerk will reach the finals... Though it's quite a surprise and even a small miracle already he got this far in the first place. Let's hope he'll beat his opponent for the day as well, though. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 04:32 AM   #3
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Yup, we'll see if Martin Verkerk will reach the finals... Though it's quite a surprise and even a small miracle already he got this far in the first place. Let's hope he'll beat his opponent for the day as well, though. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Well everything can happen. At this point it's still 0-0. I do hope he gets to the finals though.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:34 AM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Well everything can happen. At this point it's still 0-0. I do hope he gets to the finals though.
I'll tune in later today, have to do some shopping first... But we'll see. He's doing pretty fine for someone playing Roland Garros for the first time, at that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 04:56 AM   #5
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

At the official Rolland Garros site, the match is billed as

'The basher Verkerk against the dasher Coria'

Great way of putting it into words.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:57 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
Well everything can happen. At this point it's still 0-0. I do hope he gets to the finals though. [/QUOTE]A Belgian that hopes that a Dutchman will reach the finals ???

I haven't heard that one before.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:01 AM   #7
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
quote:
Well everything can happen. At this point it's still 0-0. I do hope he gets to the finals though. [/QUOTE]A Belgian that hopes that a Dutchman will reach the finals ???

I haven't heard that one before.
[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] It IS strange isn't it. But seeing as we don't have a player in the mens single competition anymore, i decided to root for the one from the closest country. The others are Spanjards and an Argentine so.....
Old 06-06-2003, 06:03 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I still don't know if i should trust you or not. I still think that when Verkerk gets knocked out of the tournament this afternoon, you'll come back here, and point and laugh at us.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:10 AM   #9
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I still don't know if i should trust you or not. I still think that when Verkerk gets knocked out of the tournament this afternoon, you'll come back here, and point and laugh at us.
It's at least better to do that then to sit and mope .

No, i will not laugh at you guys, unless he played really awfull.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:04 AM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
At the official Rolland Garros site, the match is billed as

'The basher Verkerk against the dasher Coria'

Great way of putting it into words.
Hmm I hope Verkerk doesn't start bashing on court I think you have to be English to understand that cos it's English slang