Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Alright, ive been playing Heroes II gold for a whiole now. i have this question. on the XL map "Collosal Cavern" about 66 or 75% of the map can only be accessed when one passes through a barrier. now, i can't figure the password for the barrier. there is no tent anywhere, ive searched the available map ove rand over but i see no tent of the right colour. i can't remember the colour of the barrier now but i know it was at the top of the map at or near the end of a long passage that may take a couple of turns to reach to end of. now, its easy ennough to beat this map without passing that barrier, but i really want to know whats over there, i want to explore the rest of this thing! does anyone know the password?

[ 12-05-2004, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: armageddon272 ]
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:46 AM   #2
Riftmaker
Elminster

It is possible that you overlooked a tent. I do that all the time.

Also, it may be that the tent you need is behind ANOTHER gate or dimension door or something like that.

If it's a map that came with the game, then I bet there's nothing wrong with it, and you probably overlooked something. Use the cheat that reveals the whole map to find the tent you need.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:07 AM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

I'm not familiar with the map in question (as I don't have the gold edition), but I played Heroes (in its various incarnations) nonstop for about 4 years.

The tent has got to be there. It might be somewhat obscured by trees or a town. As Riftmaker proposed, it could also be behind or through another gate or dimension door. That's a common tactic of the mapmakers. Also, is there any access to water at all? It might be possible to drift around in a boat and find the tent on a tiny island somewhere.

I know that in Heroes 3 the map will show up as "not playable" if the tents/gates and various portals are not matched up properly. Can't remember if that holds true for Heroes 2.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:11 AM   #4
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

no, it doens't hold true. and im sure ive looked over the map carefully, nothing. and there is no way there is enough water on that map to hide an island. its mostly solid.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:26 PM   #5
Aerich
Lord Ao

You could open the map editor and look at the map, I suppose. Sucks if there is no tent.

On the plus side, you could just add one. [img]smile.gif[/img]