Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

A few people have reported that they are having problems with either the editor or the game.

Make SURE your video card is set to 32 bit color. (Not 16)
This have corrected a few (L&C)=load and crash problems.

Let me know if this fixes your problems.

[ 05-02-2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 03:30 PM   #2
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

It would........
IF I HAD A GRAPHICS CARD THAT SUPPORTED 32 BIT!!!!!!
GAAAAHHHH!!!! now i have to wait for my bday!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2002, 06:29 PM   #3
The Kiwi
The Magister

The game seems to run OK on the system I want it to play on, but I couldn't judge whether I like the interface, because the mouse driver was half asleep (the cursor was in micro-mode, so if I used a mouse, I'd need a mouse pad the size of a kitchen table). I use a trackball and the slow motion lag made movement difficult. We'll see if a reboot cured that mouse situation or not. If it's not one thing, though, with these crazy PC's, it's another, doggone it!

I really dislike the Might and Magic use of a similar mouse-look interface, although you can manage to control your sense of dizziness after awhile . .

Kiwi

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 09:28 PM   #4
Serykar
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
A few people have reported that they are having problems with either the editor or the game.

Make SURE your video card is set to 32 bit color. (Not 16)
This have corrected a few (L&C)=load and crash problems.

Let me know if this fixes your problems.
Mine's at 32-bit and I still get those crashes occasionally, so I guess it didn't fix everything.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:58 PM   #5
Serykar
Dungeon Master

They're also giving this recommendation for a lot of crashes on the Morrowind boards:

Quote:
Originally posted by Raid:

This is more than likely a sound crash.

Using the LOW sound quality option in the Morrowind Options menu seems to help.
Most sound issues can be remedied by turning the audio hardware acceleration down two notches to Basic Acceleration. From the [Start] menu select the "Run..." command. Type DXDIAG and press [Enter]. When DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, select the "Sound" tab. The "Hardware Sound Acceleration Level" slider bar will allow you to adjust the acceleration of your hardware.
I don't know yet if it worked for me, yet though, since I just read about it.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:53 AM   #6
Wolverine129h
Dungeon Master

OK...I just bought Morrowind tonight. Everything downloaded fine and all that, except when I tried to play it..it wouldn't run because it said I needed to set my color to 32 bit. I dont have 32 bit evidentally..so what am I supposed to do now? Can I even play it at all? This is really frustrating...I hope I ddin't spend $50 for nothing.
Wolverine129h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 02:16 AM   #7
Goumindong
Manshoon

If your video card doesnt support 32 bit color, then it probably isnt new enough to play this game over 2 fps anyway. The only ones i can think of that may have a chance are the voodoo 3's. But you should have upgraded that a LONG time ago as there is no longer any support for the cards.
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 02:19 AM   #8
Goumindong
Manshoon

the other thing to do is...

right click on your desktop/properties click the settings tab. then set color to 32 bit(true color)
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 03:00 AM   #9
Wolverine129h
Dungeon Master

OK...I guess I am going to have to upgrade my video card. Unfortunately I know nothing about what I really need other than the fact I need one that will work with Morrowind. I really want the game to run and look good. The specs of my computer are as follows:

intel celeron 900mhz
128MB SDRAM
48X cd rom drive
intel direct AGP 3D graphics 11MB video RAM
30GB hard drive
Polk audio stereo speakers with port technology (whatever that means)

I guess my question is...what do I need. What video card would be recommended? I can spend pretty much whatever I need to on video cards or whatever else. I just bought this machine last year from best buy...I haven't added anything to it, nor have I ever upgraded any kind of hardware. If you need to know any other information before you could help me out with this little problem..let me know please.
Wolverine129h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 03:01 AM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well that was never a problem for me, but since I tweaked around a little and realized that it was a pain to set the screen to 1024 resolution to play I did a little mathematic calculation and made a big "duh" as I smacked my head to the wall. The working setting was 1280x1024 not 1280x960 as the game supports. And after correcting this and closeing my AV program I had a run for 8 hours straight without and problems. Also to quicksave alot seems to make the game more stable.. :S might just be superstition but well, it works!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote