Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 01:56 AM   #1
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So I got the magic rope and I went in to kill the Lich in the Drow city, expecting the worst, partly because of the strategy giude and partly because of some posts here. Anyway, I walked in, with haste and spell protections on, fearing for my life, and what happened???

I fought with him for one round, took no damage, and the screen dissolved into a cinematic (you know, where you can see things, but not affect the outcome)... My main character (a fighter) whacked on the Lich until he was dead, and then we were teleported to the owner of the rope. I got his gems for him, and looted the rest of the place. I can't believe how easy that was!

I'm having problems with the Drow house, though. My strategy is more towards dealing with one or a few powerful opponents rather than being bums rushed by a house full of stupid dark elves. Any real treasure in there worth taking, or should I forget it? It sticks in my craw not being able to win a battle though...I know I can come back to the Underdark and take out the Beholders and Mind Flayers at a later time if I want to, but I seriously doubt if I can ever enter the Drow City again, so if I'm going to do this, I better do it now.
Old 03-05-2001, 02:08 AM   #2
Azrael Abyss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
I don't think there are many objects of great value in those places to be honest. The Mind Flayer and Beholder dungeons are more for fun than anything but have some pieces needed for certain artifacts. The other treasures in the underdark are pretty lame IMO. I have found more useful things elsewhere. i wouldn't go out of my way there unless you're just doing it for the experience.

Azrael Abyss

------------------
I'm the prince of sorrow... Woooo!
Old 03-05-2001, 09:31 AM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I am assuming you are talking about the Drow house you can enter after fighting the Lich?
There is not much of worth in the house, but it is a great fight and you get a lot of XP.....I would do this battle......there is always reload

--I also thought this Lich too easy.....my fighter killed him with one hit from the mace of disruption when the Lich missed his saving throw!