Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2000, 04:32 AM   #1
Bardo

Who is more usefull a thief or a druid personally myself i think both are very good but who is essential?Lat the debate begin.

Old 12-11-2000, 04:33 AM   #2
Armisael

How can you compare a thief and a druid? It's like comparing a fighter and a mage, they're completely different.

Old 12-11-2000, 04:43 AM   #3
Kaël

What do you mean more essensial?

in a party of 6 in which there is a cleric already but no thief
then i would say a thief

or in a party that hasn't got a priest but does have a thief
I would say a Avenger

or in a party without a thief nor a priest
Then i would say Your party SuX

Old 12-11-2000, 04:44 AM   #4
Kaël

Or if you have a party wich has both i would say take on another mage

Mages Rock

Old 12-11-2000, 04:52 AM   #5
Bardo

Yeah you got a good point there a lot of people usualllt either have a thief or a druid but i actually find the thief more useful.

1.opening locks is essential
2.stealth and backstab can be very usefull for killing mages.
3.pick pockets is great because there are loads of good items on rich people and stealing from shops is just so usefull.
4.Setting traps on the ground is fairly shit except for the parts of the game where your in a narrow passage.
5.Detect illusions is the worst ability ever.
6.Climb walls they didnt even put that in the game but its in the manual.(might have been good).

Old 12-11-2000, 04:58 AM   #6
Bardo

Druids have some neat features if.But not as essential as the thief if you dont agree just reply to this.

1.Shapeshifting,only really good for the avenger.
2.Insect plague is very usefull for distrupting spellcasting.
and thats it except for some ok priest spells.
the thief is better

Old 12-11-2000, 05:01 AM   #7
Kaël

But bardo wjhat i wanna know is if you have anothe priest in your group

Old 12-11-2000, 05:10 AM   #8
Bardo

No i dont have another priest in my group.I dont think clerics are as offensive as druids so thats why.

Old 12-11-2000, 05:29 AM   #9
Kaël

Then you party suX
specific cleric spells-> Resurrection, raise dead, cure critical wounds, heal, restoration, Flame strike, bolt of glory, rightsueos magic, aerial servant anfd ofcourse finger of death

Old 12-11-2000, 07:49 AM   #10
Bardo

How does my party suck im just stating that i prefer druids to clerics
ok and i couldnt be arsed making a ranger cleric to get all the priest spells.In my view clerics are weak thiefs are needed in every party so are mages and fighters.Who do you have in your party kael