Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 11:20 PM   #71
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Well, I'm very new to the game but if it's like DnD ther's usually a roll involved (the AI may do this) and that may, depending on your lvl, turn or destroy them depending on their lvl.
Here is a nice table of turn undead levels http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg2...rnundead.shtml
showing that at some levels a roll is made to determine whether the undead is affected or not, whereas at higher levels the undead are simply destroyed.

This link http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...=024408#000000 contains a list of levels that gives specifics for some of the higher undead enemies you'll run into.

Incidentally, there's almost nothing more satisfying than a high-level cleric wading into a sea of undead, activating Turn Undead, and watching them all explode simultaneously. Well worth keeping Anomen or nurturing Aerie to a high enough level for some undead-exploding fun...

The only problem that I sometimes run into is that if you leave the "Party AI" on (that's the little lantern button at the bottom right), your cleric may have the tendency to start attacking the nearby undead, which deactivates the Turn Undead. Needless to say, this defeats the purpose of wading into a sea of undead and can be deleterious to your clerics health and well-being if not properly buffed.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:42 AM   #72
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

So, is ToB mixed in with this, or will that part come later?

There's never a dull moment though. I just got done at the Druid drove and then there's a the whole Cernd kid thing...

I'm just in Umar hills now.

[ 02-05-2005, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 02-05-2005, 07:05 AM   #73
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I could use some help with Valygar. I don't remember the Wizards asking me to find him. What do I do? Turn him in, or ask his to join my party?
Old 02-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #74
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
I could use some help with Valygar. I don't remember the Wizards asking me to find him. What do I do? Turn him in, or ask his to join my party?
Depends on whether you are good or evil. To get the wizards to ask you, just swing by the Government District (specifically the main building). To really roleplay evil, you'd kill him and turn him in (or even better, offer to help him, then walk right into the government building with him and give him to the wizards). Good guys would help him out. You do have to let him into the party unless you choose to whack him (personally, he bores me, so I just whack him and pick up the body to get into the area he allows access to [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] ).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #75
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

oohhhh, this is a great quest..

Do whichever you like, no realy.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #76
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Well, I'm playing good. So, what's best to do?
Old 02-05-2005, 09:48 AM   #77
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Just leave him be and dont tell the CW where he is or take him into your party and complete his family quest.

--Kestrel--
Old 02-05-2005, 05:22 PM   #78
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'm going to be vitriolic here. Caution.

Variol, if you're going to ask "what's best for me to do" about EVERYTHING, just read a damn walkthrough.

If you want to beat this game on your own merits, though (as opposed to asking people to beat it for you), just play it and think for yourself.

Seriously, the answers to half of your questions are found in the game itself, and the rest are found in the manual (and you could figure out most of those on your own). Every time you go to a new map area, the game displays a random hint from the hints file. You were asking about Level Drain? Maybe this will seem familiar: "If you have been Level Drained, use a Restoration spell or scroll to restore the missing levels. Temples will also help you."
Old 02-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #79
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kestrel Daystar:
Just leave him be and dont tell the CW where he is or take him into your party and complete his family quest.

--Kestrel--
Come off it, that's totaly the evil way to do the quest..

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Enough joking aside, it's one of the few quests which you can do pretty much anyway and not miss out..

Doing it the way you suggest is a major spoiler, since you are told he is a criminal, and yes he has killed to keep his freedom..

Would you trust a killer?
Old 02-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #80
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Well, SixOfSpades if you had read more you would know that the version I bought does not come with a manual. And I have the walkthrough and there is no mention of this guy being in the area of Umar Hills. So, I did a search here to see what the hell to do with this guy and found nothing, so I posted the question.

I finally found someone at work who had the chart with all the spells, keyboard commands and icons on it. I just copied the thing this morning.

Trust me, I don't like dumb questions either, and I do check first.

I've never played this game, the first one or anything else like it. I know I can do it w/o help but I just don't want to miss out on stuff or exp. When I know the game better it may not matter so much.

Just like all the sh!t I have to carry around 'cos I don't know what's what. There's nothing you can look up to know what's better to use or what armor/weapon I should keep in case I run into someone who can use it to good effect. You guys all know who you'll run into and who's best in what type of party. I have not had that luxury. So, be patient or don't read my posts!