Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 02:25 PM   #51
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Have ANY of you ever tried eating noodles without chewing? AAARGH, over half an hour for a few noodles!
Old 10-23-2001, 03:10 PM   #52
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The feel of Mistral's hand in his sent those electic jolts through his body again. Yet, he came to the realization of the seriousness of Kaz's situation, and the determiation of Mistral to be at her side. With renewed urgency, the pair quickly made it through the forest and into the city, where the little secret house was that had the portal door. Larry had the portal stone, and gave it first to Mistral to step through. Larry followed, and within the hour, they were at Kaz's bedside, exausted from the running and very happy to all be together again. Mistral placed her hand on Kaz's hand to be of some comfort to her, and let her know she was not alone.
Larry stepped out of the room to give the two girls some time together.
Outside, he inquired of the whereabouts of Spree. The guard reported that she had come in the room several times, checking in on her and replacing the moistened rag for a fresh one upon her forehead. Larry was relieved to hear that Spree had indeed been here, while Larry's mental breakdown had taken him literally to the mouth (or maw) of death.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 03:17 PM   #53
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Seeing that Kaz is taken care of in the best way possible, Mistral's tensed shoulders finally relax. She walks out to find Larry ~ "Thank you...you have done more for her than her sister has. I..." ~ She begins to sway on her feet, her right hand desperately holding her temple while her left hand flails helplessly for the nearest support. ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 03:32 PM   #54
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Automatically, Larry reaches out and catches Mistral as she was about seemingly to faint. Now holding her in his arms again, he was wondering if he was about to make another error like he had previously. He finally decides to just lock eyes with her, and ask...just what was going on.
Larry had felt her hesitancy in speaking to him, and realizes that she had something big to say...not being able to imagine not knowing any longer what is going on...Larry finally pleads...

"Please, do not worry about my hurt feelings.
Just say what you want to say".
He takes her hands in his...

"If you do not love me, or if you love another...please just let me know.
If you want me to disappear from your life, I know of a big friend not too far from here that can help you get rid of me, fast.
Just let me know what you want from me.
But do not hold me guilty for my feelings for you.
I cannot help but to love you. You have my heart in your hands, and at the moment, you are crushing it in your grasp. "

feeling that he may have said too much...he stops his ranting, and allows her time to respond.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 03:46 PM   #55
mistral4543

Finding herself once again in his arms, she is swiftly jerked out of her lethargic condition. Just as she decides to break free from this painfully familiar position, the torrent of words flowing from his lips crash relentlessly against her heart like tidal waves.

Her eyes dilate with unspeakable happiness, yet she is at a loss of words. Her heart continues racing as she senses the spell at work again. Struggling to maintain some control over herself, she finally whispers ~ "My thoughts...have always been with you." ~ With that, she lapses into a deep silence, her cheeks reddening by the second. ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 03:57 PM   #56
Kaz

The younger Kaz had run to a wrecked shed in the outskirts of the city. There were a couple of old, ragged cloths on top of a heap of sawdust in the corner, Kaz guessed that that was where her younger self slept. Now, though, the girl had put the artifact on the floor and was seated before it, studying it intently. Then she said some words clearly in what sounded like moon-elven. Kaz did not know the language, but evidently she once had. The artifact began to glow silver, but the silver changed to black. A low humming sound was heard, it grew in volume until the very earth seemed to shake. Suddenly the demon appeared, the same demon that had been in all her dreams so far. "So, you want your parents back, little elf?" the demon hissed, grinning widely and displaying jagged pale fangs. Evidently this was not what the younger Kaz had hoped for, because she shrank back and looked scared. "Well, I think I must disappoint you, little elf," the words were spoken cruelly and maliciously, "your parents are dead. I killed them." The demon laughed, the same hissing laugh as before. It pointed to the ground, uttering words in a snarling tongue. A bright picture appeared there, which Kaz looked at, terrified. She could see her mother and her father, apparently in great fear, running from the domon. It seemed tiny, as if she was looking at them from a great height. The lack of sound made the scene seem more unreal. The demon reached her father, who pulled a sword. The sword flashed in the light as her father faced the demon. He slashed at it several times, but did no damage. Then the demon hit him hard, so that he flew several meters to smash against a rock with his back. He lay lifeless on the ground. The demon walked towards her mother, who had fired a Magic Missiles spell at it, no more irritating than a beesting for it. It reached her mother and -
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" the young Kaz shrieked. Her pain was written across her face. "Oh yes," the demon grinned, cruelly playing with the elf like a cat plays with a mouse. "They are dead, and soon you shall be too!" The demon laughed and raised his hands, casting... something... at Kaz.
The world shattered. Fragments of her life spun around her, images without sounds, sounds without images, emotions whirled wildly, everything confused, shook together without pattern or order. Experiences whirled by, the sights, the sounds and the emotions not belonging together. Kaz screamed, and thought she heard her younger self scream too, but the sound was engulfed by the wave of chaos. Deep within her, she heard the demon laughing...

Kaz's body started convulsing, an expression of agony on her face. Then she screamed, long and echoing.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:07 PM   #57
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Sorry guys, I was a bit pre-occupied with my boy yesterday.)

~Footsteps are heard pummeling the marble flooring in the outside hallway. A battered and listless Chani enters the room, acknowledging at the romantic pair only momentarily with a glare. She held in her left hand a cold cloth, as she approaches the faint Kazara to replace the drying one on her fore-head. She lays the new rag onto Kaz's head, taking her free hand to pull back her tangled mane. A fresh cut ran vertically above her lip, and her features were sunken like ancient ships. Her normally bright eyes were a sullen gray, her face emotionless. She turns from the fallen elf back to the two. A hoarse and pained version of her voice fills the air, a growl trademark of Cyrus Nightblade.~ "Damn you both." ~Without another word she stepped out the door, treading down the hall.~

[This message has been edited by Killing Spree (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 04:11 PM   #58
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...You really know how to ruin a good kissing scene, Kaz...

The door flung open and the maid came screaming out.
Larry and Mistral turned to peer inside the room only to see that Kaz was having some kind of fit.
They desperately ran to her side, and knelt down, trying to think of what to do to stop this obvious pain from within her.
Larry made sure that Kaz did not fall off the bed while Mistral was trying to speak soothing words and think of a plan.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:11 PM   #59
Kaz

Er... Killing Spree, read my previous post!
Old 10-23-2001, 04:16 PM   #60
mistral4543

(ooc: LOL, when nothing happens, nothing happens... when something happens, everything does!!

Well, I guess I can log off now that my personal attention is not required I have about an hour left to catch some sleep for tonight. Bye all )