Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

The TES (The Elder Scrolls Construction Set) is really pissing me off. I can't get anything to work. Its too confusing. Does anyone know where i can get info on this?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 08:18 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

heya!

so what's bugging you? are you trying to do something super-complicated right off the bat? or do you just wanna know how to open a file, get the right windows open to see what you're doing and drop things in the world?

if worse comes to worse, go by the official forums. they have a very active CS area with everyone being pretty helpful.

V***V

Old 05-10-2002, 09:16 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

okay, i wanna do the second thing. Open a file and place, and how do i start from scratch?
Old 05-10-2002, 10:22 PM   #4
Yack
Dungeon Master

Telling how to just open a file cant really help, my best advice its to follow the tutorials, and not just one, they are design in a way that you need to do them all, one at a time.

I haven't tinker with the editor too much, but so far seems as one of the easier to use editors of it kind out there, the big problem its that to make anything worth it required a lot of work, but is not the editor fault.
Old 05-11-2002, 04:02 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Okay, where's the tutorial?
Old 05-12-2002, 11:48 AM   #6
Yack
Dungeon Master

You can find some tutorials in;

Official Tutorial
http://www.elderscrolls.com/codex/tes_worldbuilding.htm

Video tutorials (not the best but can point out a few things)
http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

Good FAQ
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/goods/editorfaq.asp
Old 05-12-2002, 01:21 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

thanks yack, for posting those links.

i just wish that bethsoft would actually pull together a dozen or so sample building overviews from small things, like making a new race to designing a tower with occupants and a few quests. ::sighs::

as it is now, bout all you can find are mods that make girls naked or uber-cheat mods. ::sighs again::

V***V

Old 05-12-2002, 01:36 PM   #8
Yack
Dungeon Master

I think its just a matter of time to have good resources and guides for the construction set, to make interesting new content you need a team, its to much work for a single person to handle, most good MOD teams out there only work in first person shooters or extreme popular games, sadly I don't think they will give Morrowind a shot.

as for the nekkid chicks plug in... they must be ugly as hell, the current 3D are weird looking proportion wise, they made them thinking in the modular nature of armor and clothes.

Bethesda should have include a good manual for the construction set, that can give a faster start up for a growing number of mods and also generate more communities and groups on the web, and hype sells [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2002, 02:14 PM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

i gotta agree again. if only they had prepared a bit more on that score to take advantage of everyone's excitement at finally getting the game. a decent book with sample tuts woulda been the perfect way to have done that.

i think its like other things tho. they are too intimate with their system. while they say "its possible to make a plug-in in 30 minutes", its only because their designers have been using those tools for years now. the gen pop (heh! been re-reading 1984 by Orwell) .... general population ... hasn't and doesn't have anywhere near that kind of familiarity with any aspect of it.

trial and error is way too time consuming for most people. frustration factor is a big turn-off to some. however, some people like it and accept the challenge.

oh yeah. the girl models are really built to just wear armor in this game. its a nice change, but they do look kinda funny with no tops. however, a woman modder is making a prostitution mod... full blown. where its an actual occupation to make money at and gather info for clans, etc. she's redone the bods so that they are more, hmmmm.... full figured, i guess is the word. i think, since so many pervs ( just kidding guys! i'm one too!!) want the bigger chests ASAP, she's prolly gonna release those when she finishes all the races.

LOL! shoulda expected a ton of those kinds of mods, but it still surprises me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ah well. lemme go do some more trial and error on my puny attempts at modding fun.

V***V