Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2004, 08:56 PM   #81
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn nodded. "Yes, well..." She cleared her throat, pausing a moment to consider where to begin.
"I suppose first I should tell you that our destination is Candlekeep. Our task is merely to make a delivery to a sage at the fortress. I admit it is of some importance, but worry not. Candlekeep is more than safe, as are certain roads leading to it, and anybody on those roads is not bound to care about a pair of poor..." She paused, her gaze flicking to Xiang's new purchase, and grinned. "Hooded women." She did not mention what was to be delivered, merely tapped her fingers and shot glances toward the kitchen in an effort to stall.

The meal was lay before them a few minutes later, and Sayn took a sip of wine before speaking again.

"Other than that, simply be sure to wear comfortable shoes. It's a long walk before we reach the next inn."
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:19 PM   #82
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

”I’m glad you approve of my purchase.” ~ She spoke lightly, reaching out for the spoon and scooping up a portion of the soup ~ What an odd way she has about doing things. ~ The creamy concoction slid down her throat cautiously, not quite the same as how her usual clear broths tasted back home – if there was a home ~ Good thing that my shoes are still alright, or I would have had to go back to the shops for new ones, tomorrow. ~ “Before I forget, some young fellow came up to me in the mart earlier on.” ~ Her voice was softer ~ “By the looks of it, he has an inquisitive mind that got distracted by some other prophet of a kind.” ~ Her troubled eyes looked at the wine goblet warily ~ “He claimed to have lost his parents…”

Stop babbling like a little sentimental fool. ~ Glancing at Sayn, she resisted the urge to frown at her own disadvantage ~ “What I’m trying to say, is that we seem to be attracting a few unwanted passersby today.” ~ Her fingers stroked the stem of the goblet thoughtfully ~ “We need a plan, in case we are split up…” ~ Oh, you little fool! Don’t give her any ideas… ~ “… and how to shake off these harassing folk.” ~ Here, she pursed her lips, breathing more heavily.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 11:38 PM   #83
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Ai! My prey has escaped me! OK...drastic measure. I will have to compensate for this. Skye...I am sure your character can work with this...

Markul

"I say...Might we talk? Lady? Er...Hello? The one walking away from me? Stop!"

People began to look at him, as he was walking behind the person who was either ignoring him or maybe not realizing he/she was being addressed. Either way, Markul was a bit embarrassed to have the crowd gawking at him, and maybe the person just really did not want to talk with him. He did not know. What he did know was that his two ladies were making a getaway, and he had to try and catch up. He followed them at an extreme distance, because he did not want the Easterner to catch him again. She was already numb to this disguise. So when he found the right moment, as the girls were returning to the tavern called the One Eyed Wolf, he ran behind a wagon that had been parked nearby and turned himself into a dwarf. Now he definately needed food. He entered the tavern and chose a table within earshot of the two females and ordered his meal. It was a large order...maybe even too much to expect from a dwarf. He hoped that none of the owners of this establishment were noticing a pattern. He rarely hit upon the same tavern so many times in one day...but these two he was tailing had really got him worked up.

Now, the strange one that had the blind eye...she...she? was another rare type. He hoped to meet her again...but he had already assigned himself to the task of these two, first. How could he prove to these two that he was a worthy companion to have on an expedition? Eh? And how was he going to find out what's under that hood? He had begun to think Wild Elf, or Green Elf, or Wood Elf...whatever they are called in this part of the land. Could be. We'll see.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 11:40 PM   #84
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

"Hmph..." grunted Sayn as she took a decisive swig of wine. "If we find ourselves seperated it would be best to continue to and to wait at the Red Oak Inn. That will be our resting point on the way to Candlekeep, regardless. I'm not sure how you suppose we'll be torn asunder, but that is my advice in any case." She prodded at the soup with her spoon for a moment before scooping up a satisfactory portion and taking a moment to savor it. Smacking her lips lightly in approval, she ominously added, "As for our assailants, do not trouble yourself over them just yet. Once out of the city we will be better equipped to deal with them..." Her eyes shot to her sword for a split second before she returned full attention to her meal.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:06 AM   #85
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Markul

He continued to eat, listening to every word spoken from that table. Plans were trying to form in his head. He needed to prove himself useful in some way. He wondered if they were going to walk the entire distance to Candlekeep. What was she traveling to Candlekeep for, anyway? And why did the Easterner trust her?

This was all very exciting.

He gulped down another pint.

[ 01-20-2004, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:52 AM   #86
mistral4543

She chewed on her lower lip, nodding but obviously annoyed with herself ~ "Yes, I suppose you know better." ~ It seemed as if her dark brown eyes had become opaque, if only for a split second ~ "If you have no further instructions, Sayn, I think I will retire to my room." ~ Managing a slight smile ~ "I'd like to get sufficient sleep for tomorrow."
Old 01-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #87
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

"Very well," Sayn muttered, "I have some business outside to attend to before I rest, but it should not take long. Go and replenish your strength, I will see you in the morning."
Old 01-20-2004, 06:46 PM   #88
mistral4543

"What time and where do we meet then?" ~ Getting up from the bench, she retrieved the hood and held it snugly in her arms ~ "I am accustomed to waking up at all sorts of hours of the day."
Old 01-20-2004, 07:39 PM   #89
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn pondered for a moment, then shook her head and waved Xiang off. "Never mind it, I'll wake you. Go on and rest." She then tipped her head in dismissal and turned about, making her way back into the now darkened streets of Athkatla.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:39 PM   #90
mistral4543

Leaving the contents of her goblet unsullied, Ji Xiang ignored the baffled looks of the bartender and sailed her way up the groaning steps and down the sighing floorboards of the corridor. The interior of the tavern was tastefully decorated, with soft lighting that caressed one’s body. She could hear the rapturous whispers of past inhabitants tickling her ears and every piece of ornament and furniture breathed warm overtures to her ~ Nothing much has changed, really. ~ Entering her room, she fastened the lock immediately before advancing towards the bed and placing the hood gently upon it.

I might as well just do a quick check before I turn in. ~ She untied the knot of her bundle and ran her fingers expertly among the assortment of items ~ Done. ~ Rapidly, she secured the package and hugged it to herself, then lowered herself onto the bed ~ I wonder what tomorrow will bring… ~ That was the danger. She never could sleep when her thoughts galloped so wantonly, and fatigue was the last thing she desired for her maiden adventure ~ But how else should I feel? ~ Turning to her left and crouching her right leg ~ I wonder what Sayn will be up to tonight, before she sleeps. ~ There were so many questions surrounding her mysterious companion that she doubted she could list them before the night was over ~ Where does she come from, and why does she keep wearing that hood over her head? ~ A grin crossed her countenance as she remembered her own intent for the morrow ~ What is she delivering? And where is this Candlekeep? What significance does the parcel bear to her? ~ She turned to her right now, a furrow forming her brow ~ Will we become good friends with time, I wonder… she didn’t seem too pleased with my asking to join her, after all. ~ Resuming to lying on her back again ~ Anyhow, I will try to be a useful companion. Which reminds me, I really need to get some sleep.

Closing her eyes, she began to chant silently the scriptures Teacher had cited, feeling herself relax, drifting to the wondrous state of the unconscious…