Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 10:09 PM   #1
Belle Bayard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, I've gone topside and underwater throughout the entire Enchanted Sea and I can't find the way to the Lost Sea to look for the Sunken City. I looked at the paper map and it looks like there's supposed to be a tiny opening just north of the place with the marooned pirate, but I sure can't find one. Anybody have any good ideas what I can do? I have the patch installed, BTW. Thanks in advance.
Belle Bayard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 10:13 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Greetings, Belle, and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, that map is misleading. There are only two ways to the Lost sea: one legitimate, the other one a "trick." The legitimate way is to complete the Shrine of Anephas...you get to the Lost Sea through the back door.

The non-legitimate "trick" way is to climb the wall at Brimloch Roon and "treetop-surf" all along the southern border till you get to the Lost Sea area...necessary if you want to do all 3 Wizard's guild quests (due to faulty design). ONLY do this if you have the "Call of Home" spell, for there's no way else of getting back!!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 10:13 PM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hello Belle Bayard, You must go to where the Sphynx is guarding a tomb and answer his questions, and go through the tomb to complete the inside quest and be let out the other side into the last part of the sea and surrounding area.

Welcome, and come back if you need more help!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 10:27 PM   #4
Belle Bayard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Grrrr! But thanks anyhoo for the warm welcome. *sigh* I did the quest (made a big booboo with the sphinx and ended up having to kill it for a whopping 194,000+ XP and a lot of patience). I went into the lagoon where Kerah was, but that seemed just a circular place. Did I miss something? I may have to wait until I get all six of my characters breathing equipment (I do have the Breath of Air spell with my Priest/Warlock character), but do I need to go back through the shrine? Anephas said we were done there. Can I get back into Kerah's place? Yikes.
Belle Bayard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 10:58 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Belle: no, after you raise Anephas, you need to go out the back door from his temple. It's one of the pathways (the northern one?) leading away from his altar. You'll find a room with a collapsed pillar...go across that, and then out through a black door that will only open after you've raised Anephas.

You'll come to a room with two statues, one that's leaning. Behind the leaning one is a switch. Flip it and you'll be at a room with a lift. Pull the rope next to the lift and up you go!

-Sazerac
Old 05-18-2001, 12:21 AM   #6
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Here is another little tip. Once you climb the rope out of Anephas's Shrine, create a portal if you can. Cast Call of Home and get your credit at the Bushi Dojo for destroying the Darkened One. Then get the 2nd Quest from them, the one to kill BloodBeard. The first time I went through, I killed Bloodbeard before I got credit for killing the Darkened One and never got the Guild Level bonus for killing Bloodbeard. I think it is silly that they put the too quests so close to each other. It wasn't until my second time to that point that I wanted to unload some gear before killing Bloodbeard and found that quest by accident.

Just remember that there are 3 quests for each guild in each town and 3 town quests for each town. But in Brimloch Roon, some of the quests are easy to miss.

Good Luck,
Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 12:29 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One other thing, Knarfling...there's a bad bug with the 3rd Thieves' guild quest in Brimloch Roon in that it never gets triggered unless you bring in a new thief from Valeia. The third quest (the Talon's Fang quest in Collasium) was discovered by Rick (Xignal) by accident under just such a circumstance.

-Sazerac
Old 05-18-2001, 12:49 AM   #8
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Actually, I did remember that. And he doesn't have to be a new thief from Valia, just someone who is a member of the Guild that did not accept the leprechaun quest. The bug that keeps giving you exp for the quest each time you enter the Pawn Shop prevents Miruth from recognizing that the quest is over. But someone that did not take the Leprechaun Quest is recognized as being able to start the third quest. I also found out that even though the one person accepts the Talon's Fang quest, the others are still stuck on the Leprechaun Quest. They cannot get the Talon's Fang Quest. It seems to be one or the other only.

My advice would be to ignore the third quest. You only get credit for it once but the leprechaun quest is a pot of gold in exp, too. It keeps giving, and giving....

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 08:53 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Belle!!

With the patch you can get back into Kerah's area but the only reason to do so at this point would be to fullfill the Leprechaun Quest. If you still need to do that:
From Kerah's area, "it may seem just a circular place", you can swim out the water walls (you won't need breathers for this) which will give you access to the area where you find the Leprechaun's treasure.

If you have done that already! Go out the back door of the temple and start exploring the Lost Sea!!

Have fun!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 09:17 AM   #10
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, Belle, its okay to kill the sphinx, and you have directions from the others to get through the shrine, so let us know how it turns out, will you?
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote