Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 01:05 PM   #1
green_athena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After all that .... my computer crashed HARD and in the end actually had to be _reformatted_ just to get it going again! So much for that party. Ah, well ... start again, this time with even more helpful party-composition tips!

green_athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 01:10 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Jubi baoka indeed!

So sorry to hear about that, green_athena. It happens! Hope you get a good party this time! We're always here to help.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 01:30 PM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry to hear about your computer. Hope all works out OK from now on.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 05:44 PM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Green_athena,
It's just a bad luck, isn't it? I'm really sorry to know about it .
Where was your party when this happened? Anyway, I hope going through the game once more will be not boring! (I'm trying hard to find something not_sad to say in this situation).

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 05:56 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

oh no!!!!!

Sometimes this can actually work out for the better - you've learned a lot about the game and picked up more tips and will create a better party, but it still isn't fun to go through this!

Hope all is well soon!!!!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 06:00 PM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

green_athena

You are not alone! Not long after I got W&W my harddrive crapped out The only difference was that mine was not formattable. I did get a replacement that was 2 gigs larger with money back also. I was lucky enough to reclaim my saves and the roster.dat file so I could carry on, too!

Good Luck!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 09:34 PM   #7
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oh my goodness, Green_Athena, what a bummer! Is that what "jubi boaka" means? "Bummer Indeed"?

I certainly hope everything works out and you are off to your adventuring again soon.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 03:10 PM   #8
green_athena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The trollies always say "jubi baoka!" when you hit them, so I always think "ouch! ", and that just seems to be the situation when my computer wouldn't come back up.

Starting the game over is one thing, fine. But what's worse is that I had spent a whole bunch of time rolling up some kickin' characters that I was just about to start building up.... had a great party going. Could not save them. I'll need to do it again. Ah, well .. I guess I can tick away at it slowly here and there and it won't seem to take so long.

I of course lost some other wonderful stuff on my hard drive, but thankfully I _believe_ I had everything actually important to life (writing, pictures) backed up someplace else.

I suspect it was actually something within Windows that crapped out on my computer. Ah, the joys of Microsoft (smell that? that's Sarcasm...).

Thank you so much for all your empathy and helpful hints!
This is a wonderful game forum! I don't post anywhere online much, so I never would have guessed it.

green_athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 03:44 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

green_athena: You know why Redmond, Washington doesn't slide off into the ocean, right?

Microsoft sucks.

Just a joke, guys..no offense intended!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 07:41 PM   #10
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oh Man! I know that language! I just forgot (or didn't know how to spell it?). . .
Good jokes guys!
Yeah, this is the greatest forum I ever found. After about 7 years online, I had about given up on communicating with anyone via cyberspace, until i got WW and found this forum. Now it is my home away from home while I'm still home.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote