Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 11:05 AM   #21
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

Thanks for that, Wyvern. One copy is quite enough. It seems browser accidents do happen. Tried to fix it but you beat me to it - you're pretty quick of the mark!
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 11:13 AM   #22
Serath
Manshoon

That's Wyv. Fastest moderator in the west...or east...or anywhere for that matter.

Serath
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 11:15 AM   #23
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Very nice rundown, Fantaghiro, and good ideas for party strategy, IMO. Sounds like you have things well in hand!

If I run 2 wizards, I usually have one specialize in Sun magic and one in Stone magic. The one in Stone magic, I'll promote to Samurai, and the one in Sun magic I take to Warlock after getting some higher-level Stone spells as well. It tends to work fairly well...of course, I wait a while on the spellcasters before ascending them. VERY important to get those spells! I want at least 1 person with high-level Sun magic before we get past Ishad N'ha because of the ferocious flora out there .

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 08:10 AM   #24
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

Thanks, Sazerac - I've become pretty fond of this party. At first I thought I made a mistake by not having two wizard/warlock characters, but with this party I have all the magic schools (except Stone) covered by at least two people. But I never thought of promoting a wizard to samurai, doh!

Anyway, I just wanted to add that I always buy training in magic levels after level 3 (need too many skill points after that), and get them to Level 7 as quickly as possible, buying as many spellbooks as I can/need along the way. Fortunately, money is no object! Some training trips to town have been mighty expensive!
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 08:55 AM   #25
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac;
I love my rogues, Moni! Always have. I'm playing a game without one this time just to see if I can, but I know what you mean!
However...I wish the Highland Rogues would evidence some of that intelligence you speak of! I give them a collective IQ of about 92...and that may be optimistic.
LMAO Saz!
I wasn't considering the highland Rogues when I made that statement!
They don't count...too much inbreeding has always been bad for IQ levels!

Moni