Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2003, 08:51 AM   #41
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] i have johnny beat on this one
started drinking at 9 and smoking at 11
Damn girl, who in the world gave you alcohol when you were in the 3rd or 4th grade?

Back on topic, Other than a few (very few) peer pressure "drags" starting around 14, I started smoking, semi-regularly, when I was around 1at the beach during graduation week to be specific). I only smoked when I was partying in the beginning, but within 3 years, I was a daily smoker. That was over 15 years ago.

That's the bad news...

The good news? I quit a month ago! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I've actually quit twice before, both times for about a year, but both times I started up again by thinking, "Hey, I have this licked, so now I can just smoke one every now and then... no problem". Yeah right. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The extra good news is that research continues to show that with each serious attempt to quit smoking the chances of permanent success increase. I'm hoping this is the final time.

As to booze, also probably around 14 I started having a few "peer pressure" swallows of beer(I still remember turning up a can of beer, pretending to drink some without actually letting any in my mouth [img]smile.gif[/img] ), after I turned 16, I had my first real drinking experience.

[ 06-19-2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 06-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #42
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
I don't smoke, I start to drink when I first work ( 3 years ago ). I had to or people will call me strange if I don't drink.
Who gives a crap what people think.. don't do something because others do it.. do it because YOU WANT TO! [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Okay, You know those people that got big position in a company? overhere, they are all drinkers. why? because top government official drinks. now what's that got to do with that you ask. simple, those people in a company in order to survive and make their company boom pursue government projects, to do that you'll need to know government official, even better if they are high ranking one. So where do they meet these government offical? In office? Nope, they meet them at pub or karaoke lounge ( often with the company of GROs ). Got my idea why I say I must drink or else?

[ 06-19-2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 06-19-2003, 10:40 AM   #43
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Cultural differences do play into it a lot. If the company and society norm is that to be a bigwig, you must drink with the bigwigs, you have to make the choice to either conform or be ostracized. Sad, but true.

There are ways to slightly modify things, though. You can drink, but not match everyone drink for drink. Nurse that first drink through their first three or four, and you can keep the ratio going.

Doesn't make it easier, but I do understand it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.