Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #31
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Now to the general topic, I had a question- why is it that everyone seems to assume that if one is a scientist, one can't believe in God? Odd concept, really. It's perfectly possible and in fact, it happens! LOL
I consider myself a scientist, an M.D. with a degreee in biology to boot, and I am a Christian, and know many in my profeession who are likewise.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:55 AM   #32
Grungi
Banned User

hehe cerek, dunno who miss cleo is, but if anything like mystic meg from our tv then yep [img]smile.gif[/img] , yeah so called "psychics" are charlatans most of the time, but sounds like you have the same thing i do, i would guess everyone does, i think everyone is psychic to some extent or another, the next question is why, and wheres it going for the future, i think everyone will evolve some kinda of telepathic abilities in the long distance future, would be interesting to see the theological discussions in place if everyone was fully telepathic, i think would shake alot of religions in many ways.

and premonitions, thats the word [img]smile.gif[/img] i keep using visions and it sounds stupid so i delete it, premonitions is exactly the word im looking for, thanks heh [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 09:29 PM   #33
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
LOL, it might help, Grungi!

Now to the general topic, I had a question- why is it that everyone seems to assume that if one is a scientist, one can't believe in God? Odd concept, really. It's perfectly possible and in fact, it happens! LOL
Well , I know for me that most religions say one thing and science says the opposite a lot of the time. Take Genesis for example. 2 individuals dont posses sufficient biodiversity to prevent the mutations that inbreeding would cause. The bible says Adam &Eve were the first, well if that were true humanity would look like something out of a horror movie because of all the recessive gene mutations. Then there is Noah Ark. #1 where were the dinosaurs, #2 where was the food for all of the animals,#3 How do people spring up out of stones thrown over Noas shoulder? I could be wrong about #3, but if I remember correctly god told Noa and his family to throw stones from the mountain the found to repopulate the earth or something similar. Then there is my bigest problem with religion , If god made the universe,then who made god?
Old 12-21-2002, 09:51 AM   #34
Grungi
Banned User

and yep jahanna thats the same point i made on one of the other threads about the inbreeding, but i can also explain it insofar as they started off with perfect genes, mixed but overtime and due to surroundings those genes in various people were mutated (perfect + perfect to start with means perfect down the line till nature intervenes hence mutations today)

so much as i thought of that theory too i gotta disprove it [img]tongue.gif[/img] problem with all these arguments is everything can be explained away.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:23 AM   #35
Shaide
Dungeon Master

Location: Cordoba(andalusia)(spain)(europe)(the world)(the system solar)(the universe)
I think you are looking Nostradamus like United States persons, but he was french, moreover Catholic-judish french, then you must read him poems like him.
Well "bus" in italian, spanish, portuguese, and old french sound like Bush. Like in the web I say that Mabus is Bush, the third Antichrist whom Nostradamus wrote about.
He want to start a stupid war for get the oil, and the muslims states dont like him policy. If Usa would attack, then the muslims states will attack the OTAN port in the mediterranean sea, and this is start the Third world war...
my thread talk about it, read it please:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=14;t=000345
Old 01-30-2003, 12:15 PM   #36
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

You can follow Nostradamus if you want. For my part, I'll follow God and Jesus.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:26 PM   #37
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaide:
I think you are looking Nostradamus like United States persons, but he was french, moreover Catholic-judish french, then you must read him poems like him.
Well "bus" in italian, spanish, portuguese, and old french sound like Bush. Like in the web I say that Mabus is Bush, the third Antichrist whom Nostradamus wrote about.
He want to start a stupid war for get the oil, and the muslims states dont like him policy. If Usa would attack, then the muslims states will attack the OTAN port in the mediterranean sea, and this is start the Third world war...
my thread talk about it, read it please:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=14;t=000345
Actually, the article doesn't say Bush is Mabus, it says he "could be" based on the name-identification-game the writer plays, but it also lists several others, including Saddam, who could be.

The writer actually doesn't believe Mabus is Bush, he says, "I for one still say that Nostradamus intended Mabus to be a North African or Middle Eastern figure because of the prophet's use of classical metaphors."

[ 01-30-2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 01-30-2003, 12:34 PM   #38
Masklinn

It's really easy to wait for something to happen then to look into Nostradamus books and find a twisted way to make it match.

Funny how the interpretation of what he has written always come after the actual fact. "Look look Nostradamus said it !". Yeah but what do I care, it's done now...

And also it was easy for Nostradamus to predict wars and cities destroyed by fire and diseases...I can do that too. Men are men, don't need to be a medium to know that every once in a while they give each other some beatin, they like to burn each other cities, they can die from strange diseases.

And if every year we have a bunch of retarded guys that like to make the facts and the writs match by some cheesy way, we have as result one of the biggest hoax of humanity.

Oh btw, NOSTRADAMUS is the anagram of : SORT (of) MAD ANUS
Knowing that, how can you even pay attention at what he wrote ?
Old 01-30-2003, 02:00 PM   #39
Shaide
Dungeon Master

Location: Cordoba(andalusia)(spain)(europe)(the world)(the system solar)(the universe)
Sir Taliesin wrote
"You can follow Nostradamus if you want. For my part, I'll follow God and Jesus."

Well, I dont believe in Nostradamus, moreover I dont believe in any God, or Goddess, I dont understand how in the 21th century the people can believe in any God, like God, or Allah, or whoever. God was make for men to men, if God would exist then she was a woman. What do you think?... why not?... Why God must be a man?... I dont believe in any sexist religion... (I sound like a feminist, but it's true).
This is my point of view respect the religion, the population opium... well now it's the f*** football.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:24 PM   #40
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
LOL, it might help, Grungi!

Well , I know for me that most religions say one thing and science says the opposite a lot of the time. Take Genesis for example. 2 individuals dont posses sufficient biodiversity to prevent the mutations that inbreeding would cause. The bible says Adam &Eve were the first, well if that were true humanity would look like something out of a horror movie because of all the recessive gene mutations. Then there is Noah Ark. #1 where were the dinosaurs, #2 where was the food for all of the animals,#3 How do people spring up out of stones thrown over Noas shoulder? I could be wrong about #3, but if I remember correctly god told Noa and his family to throw stones from the mountain the found to repopulate the earth or something similar. Then there is my bigest problem with religion , If god made the universe,then who made god?[/QUOTE]2 things. One is, just say for a minute that we ARE the horror movie, and that Adam and Eve were light-radiating perfect flawless beings. Blue eyes are a regressive gene. What if our "differences" are all variances of mutations as you say?

Interesting thought yes? The only difference is you are presuming Adam and Eve to be like us. What if they weren't?

If God made the universe, then why does God need to be made? We believe God is eternal. Without a beginning. Outside time. Something without a beginning doesn't need a creator. Something WITH a beginning does.

SOmething outside time is incomprehensible? Unable to be truly grasped? Well that's a proof that humans didn't create the concept of an eternal God. He's outside our experience and rationale. Humans can only create from their accumulated experience.

http://www.hughwilson.com