Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2003, 10:19 PM   #1
Chamberlain
Dungeon Master

Ok, I might be an idiot(thats probably the problem), but I finally finished Baldur's Gate II and I've begun my quest in NWN.
I'm playing as a monk(first time ever in a game like this that I have strayed away from a spell caster), and I'm a little confused about some items.
I'll start off right away by saying that I tend to skim through things when I'm reading because I can usually tell when something is unimportant.
But, how come the item descriptions in NWN are very vaugue in comparison to BGII.
When using a potion of cure light wounds, it does not state how many hit points are regained...I figured out it was 7, I think.
When I picked up potion of bull's strength(or something of the sort) all it says is it increases your strength. No specifics of how much or how long. IIRC.

Am I missing it, because as I've said, I tend to skim through when reading.
But I'm just not sure about what these items do exactly.
Another example: potion of cat's grace
description: grants drinker cat's grace for blah blah blah amount of turns.
What the hell is cat's grace.
I must be a total idiot.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:25 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

None of the items mentioned... cure light wounds/bulls strength/cats grace etc... have a set amount of "points".
Instead, they act exactly as the spell.
i.e. 1d8hp regained for cure light wounds, 1d4+1 stat points increased for the stat increasing potions etc... [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's got a list of all the spells in the manual
Old 02-19-2003, 05:40 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

The list in the manual is quite vague too. The only way to really find out, is to look for a spell scroll and read the full description. Which means things will be a lot clearer if you play a mage first time through. Sloppy.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:34 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Dungeon Master

Yea, that's kind of weird. IIRC, it doesn't even tell you in the description whether it's 2dwhatever.
That means I'll either have to bust out my manual when I want to know...or I'll have to pick up scrolls to find out.
I much rather have it right there when I click on it like in BGII.

Don't mistake me for a NWN hater and a BGII lover...suprisingly I find this to be the only characteristic of the game in which I liked BGII better. The rest of the game is great and I wonder why there are so many people bashing this game.
I notice that the BGII forum is always crowded and this forum is barren.
I don't understand why so many people don't like this game.
Oh well I like it and that's all that matters.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote