Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2002, 09:09 AM   #1
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

well i go for a handmade fighter!

Name: Erkenbrand
Race: Redguard

I choose:
Combat

Strenght
Agility

Long Blade
Block
Heavy Armor
Armorer
Alchemist/Restoration

Athletics
Marksman
Light Armor
Acrobat
Security

not sure about the last skill
any comments are welcome

i will also inform about my journeys
Old 05-10-2002, 05:02 PM   #2
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

My two cents:

light armor? I can't find a use for it.
Your char will be strong, so he should stick to heavy armors. You'll find enough of heavy stuff at the beginning.

My crusader has medium armor as a minor skill, but so far he only wear medium when talking to his superior in the legion. The legion gives you an uniform (imperial chainmail at low ranks, then it switches to heavy) which you must wear. When exploring, i switch to my steel platemail.
Also, i sometime find better medium armor pieces than the heavy i'm wearing, so medium armor skill can be good for versatility.

Alchemy or restoration: i have both as minors. alchemy requires regents, it's though to find out good recipes with a low skill, but you can make potions with effects from almost any school of magic.
Restoration relies only on your magicka pool, you give up invisibility, levitation and other powers to concentrate on cure disease, poison and healing spells.

As far as i know, athletics and acrobatics go up by themselves. I always run and jump like a bunny when exploring. Acrobatic could help you jump where most people can't go at first.

Security is usefull, especially since you have agility as a main stat.
There is plenty of traps and locked doors/chests (and you can't bash them).
Old 05-10-2002, 08:51 PM   #3
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

Heavy armor is good at the beginning, but later on, if you use heavy equipments, you'll find out that you won't be able to carry much stuff on you. i have strength maxed, which allows you to carry 500 weight. the daedra armor has about 194 armor rating, but weights close to 100. In the other hand, glass armor has 100 something armor rating, but weights much less and the difference in your overall armor rating will be like 10 something. I know it seems complicated, but maybe you should try out heavy armor and see for yourself. I know that next time, i'm definitely on light armors.

Also, i dunno if it's just my imagination, but when i switched to glass armor, i ran and jump much faster and higher than with daedra armor.

[ 05-10-2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Mage of Mystra ]
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 08:56 PM   #4
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

oh yeah and about agility, i'm not sure about that, because it doesn't make such a difference having 60 agility and 40 agility. I'd rather go for endurance with more hp or intelligence with more magicka. But that's just me.
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:11 AM   #5
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

thank u very much for u tips

i've found out a couple of things myself - it looks like the old problem there are the useful skills which advance slowly and the useless skills which help u leveling awesome (ever tried to battle unarmoured at the slaver dungeon (e of the starting city) - i made a level there!!)