Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 12:26 AM   #1
peipei_lin
The Magister

Hi, I had played BG, BG2 inside and out, and now decided to start experiencing IWD 2 for some refreshing moments.

But as soon as I started the game, I immediately noticed - why does the game's speed (or fps) runs so slow, especially my character's movements?? Unlike in BG or BG2, my character walks smoothly, special effects also goes smoothly. And now in IWD2 it is as if I got a super low fps. Is this normal?

I never played IWD before neither, so...
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
peipei_lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 05:21 AM   #2
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Well, I can't be sure as I've never played BG2 but I do know that IWD2 requires higher specs then the first BG and IWD1. My computer struggled with it all the way through but as I don't know your PC specs I can't be certain. I ran through it on a Windows 98 500MHz, 68MB RAM and an average graphics card and there was tremendous lag at times.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
peipei_lin
The Magister

dun u worry about my comp spec, 3200+ athlon, radeon 96XT, 512mb dual channel, winXP...

my chr still moved laggy - i suspect it is truly low fps
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 10-30-2004, 07:59 AM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Run the configuration program and there you can modify the specs and the FPS rate desired.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:36 PM   #5
peipei_lin
The Magister

LOL, yah i woke up this morning and wondered to myself, hey - how come unlike the rest of D&D games IWD2 doesnt hav any config programs on autorun??

heh, so i checked the game folder and vola~ rofl...

thnx anyway bozos~~

------------

and secondly, m i suppose to create my full 6 member party right at the start? or can i also get NPC's in the storyline?

i justed started wif 1 member only...kinda worrying for now [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2004, 08:14 AM   #6
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

NPCs cannot join your party during the game. However, you can create members in your party at any time though they'll start at level one. It is possible to complete the game solo but if this is your first run through I wouldn't advise it.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote