Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I was wandering around TotLM (wasting time, basically [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) when I randomly found a Morningstar +4: Defender and a suit of Studded Leather of Resistance. Curious abilities--they both gave slashing resistance.
I already had a Great Shield of Resistance +3 and a Bone Marrow Belt for my LN fighter, so I combined them all together--100% slashing resistance! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Bring on the enemy swordfighters!

Needless to say, now I have to review other possible item combinations to achieve total (or at least near-total) resistance to physical attack forms. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Psst, Azred. Play a Fighter/Druid. Seen the screenshots of mine? Physical immunity is a good thing. [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I have one in my current party, so some more experimentation is in order. Unfortunately, no, I haven't seen the screenshots of your fighter/druid. I suppose I'll have to track those down.

Yes, I am really enjoying the immunity. I'm on the lowest level in TotLM; who knew that "those things that get summoned" were so easy to beat? With immunity, I should put the level back to HoF instead of insane....

Old 01-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
...Unfortunately, no, I haven't seen the screenshots of your fighter/druid. I suppose I'll have to track those down.
I haven't seen them either, Dundee (at least not that I remember); and you have my curiosity up. Where are they? Any supplemental stats?

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I have one in my current party, so some more experimentation is in order. Unfortunately, no, I haven't seen the screenshots of your fighter/druid. I suppose I'll have to track those down.

Yes, I am really enjoying the immunity. I'm on the lowest level in TotLM; who knew that "those things that get summoned" were so easy to beat? With immunity, I should put the level back to HoF instead of insane....
The key to physical immunity lies in the ability of the Druid to shapeshift into a Water Elemental. For immunity to Crushing Damage, you simply need two ingredients.

Shambling Mound + War Chant of Sith

Immunity to Slashing Damage involves the Belt as you say.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c&f=3&t=002983

There are more links at the bottom of the thread.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:41 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Some of those screenshots are great. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I have to upload the shot of when my mage took out Yxunomei with a Chromatic Orb [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] .

Also, I have some experimentation with items combinations and some creature abilities to review. Currently I am using Animate Dead with Abi-Dhalzim's Horrid Wilting since the undead are immune.

Old 01-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The Remorhaz shot reminded me of a different tactic I used to defeat every Remorhaz on the map in HoF mode all in a single battle . As well I used the same tactic to defeat all the ice sentries except for four on the next map all in one battle. FUN!!FUN!!!FUN!!! It was my party vs. Remorhaz and Ice Sentries as far as the eye could see, actually my party could not even see the end of there lines for some time.

[ 01-13-2005, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

The poor, little, remorhaz! How can you hurt them when they are so cute? [img]tongue.gif[/img] They just want you to scratch them behind their ears....

Old 01-14-2005, 05:50 PM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
The poor, little, remorhaz! How can you hurt them when they are so cute? [img]tongue.gif[/img] They just want you to scratch them behind their ears....
I had a friend who once thought that way, it wasn't a pretty sight. I followed that remorhaz and picked up all that remainded of my friend in the remorhaz feces. A simple RoP +2, I wear it as a constant reminder to not scratch them behind the ears. Yes, I cleaned the ring before wearing it.

[ 01-14-2005, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] That mental image is even funnier when you realize that in their original form remorhaz are really large creatures and could indeed swallow a target whole if they rolled a natural 20 on an attack roll. Ouch!

btw...preliminary research shows that if we discount the War Chant of Sith, then the highest possible resistances from items alone seem to be 100% vs slashing, 85% vs crushing, and 60% vs piercing.