Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 04:36 PM   #21
dcwin
Welcomed New User

oops. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Now I have a REAL problem. My ranger, (who, I might add, I got all the way up to 3rd Level WITHOUT the bard's spell-casting abilities) is now DEAD! She got diseased in the Vale of Shadows, and it was too far back to Kuldahar to save her. Is there ANY way to "get her to the church on time" (sorry) in order to ressurect her? As you can imagine, it took a LOT of effort to get this far!
Thanks again for your help last time. I don't think this is QUITE as dumb a question as last time… is it?
dcwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:35 AM   #22
Lymond
Manshoon

dcwin,

Welcome to the forum!!!

It's been a little while since I last played, so I'm a little rusty, but for what it's worth:

I'm not one to resurrect at lower levels, because it's too expensive and the characters aren't that developed at that point. What I'd rather do is reload a saved game, which is why I save all the time- new areas, before and after fights, etc. If you don't know already, you can hit the Q key for a quick save. So I would recommend reloading and trying again (given that the ranger is already dead).

If you get diseased again, there are a couple of things you can do. There's a potion- I think either antidote or mummy's tea- that cures disease. There is also a spell, cure disease, but you might be too early on to get that. Short of those two options, I cast healing spells on the person and have them take potions until the disease goes away.

If you're set on resurrection, however, you may be able to go back to Kalduhar, buy the spell, and return. I've never done this, so I'm only speculating, but you might not have enough time and I think the resurrection spells are prohibitively expensive to a newer party. It's worth a try, though.

Good Luck!
Old 04-22-2004, 11:33 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It's... 5000 gold to resurrect a party member IIRC... ...

That's a lot of gold.

Mummy's Tea will take care of Disease. Philter of Purification works too. Additionally, there's also Cure Disease, a level 3 Cleric spell. Lastly, Heal, a level 6 Cleric spell.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #24
NobleNick
Quintesson

dcwin,

Let me add my welcome, and say "Wow! Thanks for resurrecting this thread: reminds me of when *I* was a newbie!"

As most of my astute cohorts have either said or implied: your best bet is to go back to your last save before your ranger bit it; and resume from there, remembering to save often and to different game names.

The list of bard's songs that started this thread out will be learned automatically by your Bard as she levels. There is a not-too-hard-to-learn set of clicks that will change her current default song. When commanded to sing, she will sing the default song all the time, until you ask her to do something else (like fire a crossbow or open a treasure chest). And, once you get War Chant of the Sith, that is likely all you will want her to do (sing the Chant), like 95% of the entire rest of the game. Do you have lots of fighter/ranger/priest/paladin types in your party? Then you should thoroughly enjoy the benefits your Bard will bring!

Don't forget to buy the Bardic Horn of Valhalla for your Bard, as soon as possible: Berserkers ROCK, especially in the early- to mid-game. My party cleaned out 3/4 of all opponents on the first level of DE (you'll know what DE means when you get there) with just one calling (and well managed use) of Berserkers. They are a real "bacon saver."

Hope this helps.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #25
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:

* War Chant of Sith: The War Chant of Sith becomes available to bards when they reach 11th level. When played, the bards' allies gain -2 bonus to AC, +10% resistance to slashing, piercing, crushing, and missile attacks, and they regenerate 2 hit points every round.[/i]

Is this as in the Star Wars Sith?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote