Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2003, 07:12 PM   #91
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I much prefer dry land. I've been at sea for the past seven days, and the trip only confirms my standing that the sea is a terrible place.

Here's how things went.
Sat. 11/22 we got up around 5am to leave for the airport (flight was at 7am, we nearly missed it)

Took a plane from Charlotte to Atlanta, and there to San Juan. Took a little over three hours in all. We got on the ship around 6pm.

Sun. 11/23 was spent in St. Thomas. We did some little activity offshore, BOBing I believe it was called.

Mon. 11/24 was spent in St. Maarten. This was probably the best day since I got to drive a Rhino (it's a small boat)

Tues. 11/25 was spent in Antigua. I believe we left on a pirate ship, I really didn't do anything considering there wasn't much to do.

Wed. 11/26 was spent in St. Lucia. We went offshore again to go snorkeling. This was probably the worst day. Had some fire corral rubbed up against my back and on my arm, burnt like hell for the remainder of the day.

Thurs. 11/27 was spent in Barbados, though I stayed on the ship. It WAS Thanksgiving, but probably the worst one I've ever had.

Fri. 11/28 was spent at sea back to San Juan. Nothing really happened.

Today, ugh. I'm tired. We got up at 7:30am (no daylight savings there, so really 6:30am) and waited. We got off the ship maybe an hour later and waited on the bus. Then we got to the airport and waited for maybe four hours. Then we took the plane home, and waited in baggage claim for another hour. I've been awake now for over 12 hours.

My parents are talking about another trip in July to Alaska, but I think I'll pass. I want to go to the mountains this winter and that's it.

I'm not the travelling type. [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 07:42 PM   #92
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

awww poor nano, I would love to go on a cruise, lol, maybe next time we could trade places? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 09:05 PM   #93
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
My parents are talking about another trip in July to Alaska, but I think I'll pass. I want to go to the mountains this winter and that's it.
Duuuude! I would KILL to go to Alaska! The boarding up there is mad sweet! Do they have snow in the summer? They MUST. Oy, that would be so totally awesome!
Old 11-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #94
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
The penguin sig hath return! *points to new sig* How is everyone in the cafe tonight?
Glad to see the return of the penguin SomeGuy. Now when are you going to get /)K to make you a penguin with a broom?
Old 11-29-2003, 11:20 PM   #95
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Well, my bro goes back to school tomorrow. The good part: my room gets noticably roomier, and I don't have to compete for use of my PS2/TV. The bad part: I don't get to hang with my bro.

Anyways on cool note, and Z may likely be experiencing this to a greater degree, but the temperature has dropped nicely . Hopefully it holds out til Monday.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-29-2003, 11:50 PM   #96
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
The penguin sig hath return! *points to new sig* How is everyone in the cafe tonight?
Glad to see the return of the penguin SomeGuy. Now when are you going to get /)K to make you a penguin with a broom? [/QUOTE]Thanks for reminding me I'm the cafe sweeper, who's been doing my job while I was gone? [img]tongue.gif[/img] *starts to sweep*
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-30-2003, 06:18 AM   #97
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What is the penguin have on its head Someguy? a plate or something?? lol [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 08:32 AM   #98
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

err a hat¿

stormy: glad to heat things are going better
Old 11-30-2003, 06:07 PM   #99
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
It appears as if SomeGuy is the almost-forgotten Eighth Samurai that Korusawa decided to leave out of the final edit. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

Belle and I followed through with our usual tradition of trimming the tree this weekend. She changed the overall color scheme this year to beige/gold, but the overall effect looks pretty nice. Note to those fellows here who happen to be in a relationship: when she wants to change a color scheme, just say "sure, dear...what color would you like?" [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Awww! SG, it's adorable!
Azred, HAHAHAHA.. the 8th samurai... *giggle* And good choice on the color scheme comments... "yes dear" is your sure ticket to happy, congenial relations! LOLOL
Old 11-30-2003, 06:26 PM   #100
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

A follow-up on my previous post: I had a cold. But not just any cold, a Romunde-Cold. It's my annual turn-in-to-a-hideous-sneezing-snottering-grumpy-were-moster-cold. It's horrible. It hurts, my entire body refuses to live, my organs would love to just disintegrate. It's very, very painful.

But it's gone now! It usually lasts for like 3-4 days. I'm still a little tired, but good enough to go back to school again. I already dread two years from now