Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2002, 10:40 PM   #1
Moni

Throughout the day today, one of our local news stations, in ads for their evening edition of the local news, profiled the adoption of unwanted pets and promised viewers more pets to see during peak hours and on a regular basis!!!

*cartwheels around the room*

Three years I've been trying to get them to pay attention and do something and finally not only is progress made but its jumped into with enthusiasm!!!

I know it only means someone with some clout at the news station is having trouble with strays in their neighborhood lol but something is finally getting done and it can be seen by anyone watching TV at any time of the day (provided they are watching their station, I know but just think...the only station that has been profiling pet adoptions since I've been here has been doing it at earlier than the birds early, for only three minutes and only one day a week).

Now to get them to mention spaying and neutering!!!

I wrote them a letter of thanks which I am sure will not go unnoticed. They need positive feedback in order to continue what they do. I know lots of other people I can get to write in positive letters as well.

Sign my guestbook through the link in my sig if you haven't and you care enough to help...they know its there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2002, 10:43 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

I agree Moni, stray pets should not go unoticed. Yet it is human nature, if you cannot keep the pet due to certain problems, they trash them cuz they can't do anything. It angers me greatly.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:55 PM   #3
Moni

SecretMaster,
Thank you so much for adding to my guestbook! Bless You Tenfold, you completely rock.
[img]graemlins/superdude.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2002, 11:00 PM   #4
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I have an aswer to stray pets. Its called "poshintang" I believe. I have heard the north koreans make it.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:17 PM   #5
Moni

I've had a Korean appetizer that I called "puppycakes" when I found out what it was made of.
It was very good stuff, I have to admit but I believe it is illegal here in the states, at least I know of some Korean Markets in AZ that were busted and closed down for selling dogmeat as roasts and hamburger.
If they are going to keep it illegal, the system at least ought to educate pet owners about spaying and neutering their pets and profile unwanted pets for adoption through the media.

Old 06-04-2002, 09:16 AM   #6
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Ha , ha !! glad to see that you saw the humor in that. I wasnt trying to offend.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:22 AM   #7
Moni

None taken!
As a matter of fact, it is a running joke around here that we have a regular Chinese food farm, we just have to learn how to cook Chinese.

Seriously though, I'd never eat my pets (they're probably stringy [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Seriously though, I'd never eat my pets...or anyone else's...if I knew ahead of time what their appetizers were made of.

Seriously though...OK I'll stop!

Old 06-04-2002, 06:05 PM   #8
Moni

Thank you DragonMage, RudeDawg & Johnny!
I'm still reeling that they are finally doing something heh heh.
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2002, 06:08 PM   #9
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

*has signed it*
Old 06-04-2002, 06:30 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
you're welcome minno, btw, the yorrrrick thread is closed, did the mods do that or is it just completely full ? Too bad, i was having fun in there.