Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2003, 05:50 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Spoilers.... big ones.... do not enter till you have finished the game....

Anti climax

The final chapter of NWN had been the best. A good plot reaching a climax, entering morags inner sanctum after facing double dragons had been at last a challenge worthy of the moniker D&D rather than the hack and slash of previous chapters. Expectation had been building, being unable to rest just before her throne room added yet more spice, no stone of recall either. Fending of the elders in the first stages of the throne room was a headache but still far from impossible.

Once I was able to cross the divide to her throne the problem of how to deal with her guardians was next, but with Morag all over me like a bad rash I retreated away with Morag in hot pursuit even going through closed doors to give chase to me. I finally reached the dead end only to see my companion, thought dead, Linu La'neral restored and ready to occupy Morag while I took some healing potions.

Taking a gamble I rushed back to the throne while the unhurtable Morag and the constantly respawning Linu presumably kept each other occupied in a catfight. This left the way wide open to knock off the companions one by one at my leisure not to hard to work out with no one attacking you. With four to go and searching my inventory for the means to kill one more I notice fire and brimstone erupting all around me! Yep lo and behold it was all over, all as I was hunting in my backpack, no last minute speeches, no tottering on the edge of the abyss, no final swing of my acid drenched sword into her heart, no nothing…..just a step through a suddenly appearing portal and anti climax here we are… Sigh..

I hope the ending was better for you [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 07:12 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

I haven't got the faintest clue what was happening there!!
First off: was Linu dead, and she somehow got resurrected?
Second off: in order to be able to damage your 'unharmable' Morag you need to whack one of her companions near the throne (the one that 'guards' her resistance).

My guess is that Linu killed Morag when you murdered one of her puppets. You just never realised you were doing the right thing. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 07:08 PM   #3
Heatmiser
Dungeon Master

Sorry to have to agree with you Wellard. My lvl 16 Monk didn't have too difficult a time either. I had Boddyknock with me and he didn't even get killed! Well, it did take me two tries, because her two guardian Hands ganged up on me and killed me before I could get to her. The second time, though, I killed them both off then entered her protective circle- kill off the one that protects against blunt(monk's fists) then about 4 hits and she's gone. She casted time stop against me, but I don't know how she used the time, cause nothing happened to my monk.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:15 AM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

I've beaten it twice:

Cleric: toss holy smites on the companions (they all get hurt from divine damage). Then ignore the other guys and just beat Morag to oblivion.

Fighter: I had so many hp that I just sat my henchmen outside the room and had them sit there. I ran in, hacked apart the two big baddies, quaffed one heal potion, then proceeded to explore the room. The two cocoons hold monsters, too (a gray render and an umber hulk). Killed them, then destroyed the statue, then drank another healing potion (she kept using Horrid Wilting on me). Then killed the companion that protected against swords, along with a couple others that I could hack apart. She did time stop on me as well, and her spells really didn't hit me for much during that time. Then I leisurely strolled over and hacked her apart. When you are a fighter with maxed out hp, max feats with sword, and a ton of healing potions, none of them can last long against you.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 06:55 AM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

I simply invested every single gold piece I got in Potions of Heal... Even noticed you can't have more than 100 working ones at the same time (every potion you bought over a hundred simply had no effect whatsoever).
Yes, I'd gotten rather bored with the game at that point and no, I didn't use all of those potions. Only 4 or 5 I believe.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 03:04 PM   #6
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

I thought the ending wasn't all that great.

-those 2 dragons, I didn't even have a henchmen and I killed both of them without losing more than half my life.
-Morag was way too easy. I wasn't even afraid of 'em- I killed her in about 4-5 hits and I didn't even lose ANY life (even without henchmen).
-the portal thing and endgame thing was a big let-down. I couldn't even return to neverwinter to get a thanks from Lord Nasher and everybody else, or roam around completing my henchmen quests (basically, I wanted to "chill" in Neverwinter and other cities).

That's why I don't play the game anymore, LOL

[ 10-11-2003, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Wolf Blade ]
Wolf Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:52 PM   #7
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf Blade:
I thought the ending wasn't all that great.

-those 2 dragons, I didn't even have a henchmen and I killed both of them without losing more than half my life.
-Morag was way too easy. I wasn't even afraid of 'em- I killed her in about 4-5 hits and I didn't even lose ANY life (even without henchmen).
-the portal thing and endgame thing was a big let-down. I couldn't even return to neverwinter to get a thanks from Lord Nasher and everybody else, or roam around completing my henchmen quests (basically, I wanted to "chill" in Neverwinter and other cities).

That's why I don't play the game anymore, LOL
I agree [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Those two dragons were harder then Morag - barely. What pissed me off big time was the damn ending or lack of it. What the hell happens to Aribeth? I saved her, and told Nasher not to hurt her or I'd come back for him - or words to that effect - and the game never tells you what happens to her. I also want to know what happens to Linu - followed thru her plot thingy. It just... ends without a real conclusion. It sucks in that aspect. Perhaps the best chapter was the first one, or the prologue. The rest of the rail road annoys me greatly - now I don't play it any more either. I might get Shadows of the Undertide though - if I can be bothered.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:52 AM   #8
Tyrion
Quintesson

well if you dont like tha main plot get a module...dreamcatcher and shadowlords come to mind