Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 12:35 AM   #1
kung ming

Well not that anyone cares about what my thoughts might be, I thought I would share them anyway.

Well I had a fantastic time of course. Having just finished I would have to say the first thing that struck me is that the experience points for killing lord Cet were actually half of what you get for killing the Mother of Crabs. That seems kind of strange to me.

For some reason I never was too bright when I started playing this game, and never really did many of the guild quests, so my guys never moved up as far as they should have, so I didn't realize until later all the cool traits I could be getting...but that definitely is when it is most fun. When your guys are double striking and the spells you are casting are squashing your opponent. I definitely would like to play it again, but I think I need a break to get my degree though.

Favorite Parts of the Game:

The Boogre Quest

The Crypt

The Toad People...(think I spent half the game going 'hello warm-skins' and perfected my imitation.

The snake temple

Collasium

So much nicer once I got the teleport, create portal, and Call of home spells.

Anephas' shrine was fun as well.

Most annoying parts of the game:

Amazoni Mantraps! Encountered them first at night, didn't know where they were, and what was happening, all my guys just died.

The crazy elevator maze in the stout mines.

The damn river that you have to try and move upstream to in the dragon spire.

Tidbits that most people probably already know:

There is a bug for the leprechaun quest, even after the patch is installed. If you have people in the theives guild, you can keep getting them 5000 ZP a pop.

In defeating Cet, I found the easiest way was to use Merlin's shield on everybody. My guys took almost no damage as a result. The shield protects against fire quite effectively.

Ended with a

18th level paladin (former 13th level Barbarian and former fighter)

20th level Barbarian (former fighter)

9th level Valkyrie (Former 18th level Samurai, former fighter)

12th level Zenmaster (Former 18th level Ninja, former 11th level Monk, former Priest) Kind of a mistake to do with out the Vine spells for most of the game though.

19th level Assasin (Former Samurai, Former Ninja, Former Rogue)

19th level Warlock (Former Wizard)

Well thats about all my thoughts for now...hope somebody reads it and finds it somewhat interesting.
Old 02-27-2001, 12:39 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Very interesting Kung Ming!! I, myself, have not finished the game yet. But thanx for the little tidbit on defeating Lord Cet!
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 10:11 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats kung ming!!!!!!!

I for one always like to read folks' after the game thoughts! Such posts always contain interesting tips and insights which are well worth sharing! Thanks!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 07:21 PM   #4
-Erg

Good thoughts, Kung Ming -

I bet you'll enjoy the second time at least as much as the first. It occurs to me that gamers who "thrive" on RPG games are basically perfectionists, who derive pleasure from "doing it better."

I know I fit that pattern anyway.