Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2002, 04:32 PM   #21
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
Football is the best thing we have right now to blood sport, it's rediculouse in my opinoin, frankly, I think that we should do away with the whole football concept and make a tournament where people are forced to kill eachother or be killed... It could even be made a political type of game, like the olympics, but with semi-automatic weapons and heavy firearms... Or we could make our prisoners run for their lives for our entertainment like in "The running man" yes that would be fun...

But football? neeaah, that games for pig-skin catchin sissies...
We have a game like that. It's called politics.
Old 06-02-2002, 06:24 PM   #22
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
[/qb]
Since you are from Texas I assume you mean American Football as oppossed to football aka soccer.[/QUOTE]
You are correct, madam, I never played soccer in my puff. Probably would have if they offered it back in the Dark Ages. (1963-66)
Old 06-03-2002, 04:58 AM   #23
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Screw football, save animals, have less hooligans, eat more fruits!
Old 06-03-2002, 05:06 AM   #24
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
Screw football, save animals, have less hooligans, eat more fruits!
What, all at once?
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 06-03-2002, 06:13 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
to those who say footballplayers are overpayd: i take it if you were one you would turn down a salary like that and tell the clubowners they should give it to the less fortunate, because you feel your being payd too much, right ?
Old 06-03-2002, 07:00 AM   #26
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Burn the heretic!

Football (SOCCER) rules. Aussie Rules Football just..okay..
Old 06-03-2002, 08:36 AM   #27
Grojlach
Zartan

If football is a waste of time, then so are all other major sports in the world. Unless you despise sports, I think the only valid answer here is "no".
Old 06-05-2002, 08:45 AM   #28
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I was just bored and had nothing better to do... so I wondered how many ppl here surport football. I personally didnt put an opinoin down... and I have a horrible sneaking preminition/suppsion I left out the word 'think'... I really should double check my spellings first...well thanks for replying
Old 06-05-2002, 08:51 AM   #29
lroyo

I'm Australian and since we missed out on the world cup again, I won't be watching a single second of the world cup. In fact, I have watched one game of International soccer in my entire life and I found it boring as hell.

But then again....i love cricket. Go figure!

I guess I'm just a spoilsport Australian.

Old 06-05-2002, 08:54 AM   #30
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*grins* thats pretty funny. But then... England seems to loes criket soo much... it isnt even worth watching... kinda ironic, considerin that we were the ones who *supposedly* invented the game...