Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 06:41 PM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I couldn't find the steps to get to the top of Watcher's Keep, so I decided to try to jump up there (control-J) and instead, I accidentally pressed Control-H. I message came up saying: Surge 1, and if I continually pressed control-h, it would say Surge 2, Surge 3, etc. I did not find a listing of the control-H button under one of the control buttons, so I didn't know what it does. Now, every time I cast a spell, a Wild Surge occurs, and unless it casts normally, squirrels appear every where. I can't use any spells, so it's really pissing me off. Does any one have any idea how to fix this?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:44 PM   #2
Lord

And I just figured something else out after looking in the manual...rolling a 3 on a wild surge causes squirrels to appear everywhere, and the thing is, I pressed the control-h button 3 times (Surge 3). So this is probably related in some way, right?

Edit: Oh, I feel like a REALLY BIG IDOIT NOW!!! I did not try to close the game and try to cast a spell again. Everything works normally after I closed the game and re-loaded . Sorry :/

[ 06-20-2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Lord ]

Old 06-20-2003, 07:57 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

If you were unfortunate/stupid enough to have Saved your game after encountering such an aggravating problem, you could have still restored your game to normalcy by continuing to press Ctrl-H until you got to "Wild Surge 100," which is "Spell Cast Normally." Whether or not genuine Wild Mages would still be able to get Wild Surges, I don't know.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:09 PM   #4
Lord

Nope, I didn't save it. But that wouldn't matter. I went on a previous load BEFORE I did the Surge thing and I still had the Wild Surge problem. So it affects every load, but goes away ater you close the game.

Old 06-21-2003, 05:39 PM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Whether or not genuine Wild Mages would still be able to get Wild Surges, I don't know.
I am almost sure everything is normal when it is set to 100 (or was it zero?).

Though normal is a relative term when it comes to Wild Mages...
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 11:00 PM   #6
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Dont you hate when smething stupid like that happens and you have to load a really old save so you just rush through everything that you just played even though you are trying not to rush!!!!I HATE THAT!!!
Old 06-22-2003, 11:42 AM   #7
Lord

Originally poster by Dar'tanian:
Quote:
Dont you hate when smething stupid like that happens and you have to load a really old save so you just rush through everything that you just played even though you are trying not to rush!!!!I HATE THAT!!!
Makes me feel in more stupid that I found the steps about 5 seconds after I pressed the control-h button :\