Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 08:19 AM   #11
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

all right.. found my cd (whew.. didnt left it back in the philippines ).

i must have been on a downloading spree cuz i was surprised myself on what i had. downloaded on all abandonware sites that i have found the past year.

here is the list i have:
- battle tech
- romance of the 3 kingdoms
- siege
- ancient art of war
- SQ lost chapter
- worlds of ulitima savage empire
- betryeal of krondor
- dune and dune 2
- xcom 1
- golden axe
- mechwarrior

- master of orion 1
- battle chess

edit: removed the supposidly abandoned games since it is still for sale by sierra

adding a few i missed

now the problem with this is that it is around 130-150mb.. im sure there is no email in the world that can fit this one [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Upload would take forever as well. I was thinking of p2p with you Jaradu if possible.. Do you have any shareaza?

edit once again: well if i was able to find it you can as well . its up to you.. just search abandonware

[ 04-29-2004, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:21 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Do you have any issue with old-but-not-exactly-freeware games? I *ahem* downloaded Monkey Island I (VGA version) and Monkey Island II. Those games are quite fun to play but most websites do not host them because technically Lucasarts is still selling the game.

If you do not have any special issue with hosting such games, I will give you the link where you could download Monkey Island I and II.
You do remember our policy on talking about piracy?

Let the thread tread carefully, lest it runs afoul of the rules.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:32 AM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

whoops.. all right.. i just downloaded these stuff from abandonware sites. i cant tell which are abandoned and other still on sale.. tell me which ones so i will just remove them or not include them.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:54 AM   #14
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Do you have any issue with old-but-not-exactly-freeware games? I *ahem* downloaded Monkey Island I (VGA version) and Monkey Island II. Those games are quite fun to play but most websites do not host them because technically Lucasarts is still selling the game.

If you do not have any special issue with hosting such games, I will give you the link where you could download Monkey Island I and II.
You do remember our policy on talking about piracy?

Let the thread tread carefully, lest it runs afoul of the rules.
[/QUOTE]Aye, I know the rules. Was about to PM him the link if he wants to download them.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:18 AM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I repeat, and quote for your benefit.

Quote:
No Piracy: DO NOT post links to 'warez sites'. Do not discuss pirating games, bragging about pirating or anything else. This will get your account suspended or banned. ~~
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:32 AM   #16
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Alright, alright. I get the picture.

To others:
Well, you heard the man... don't bother asking me for the link, I will not give it to you, or talk about it.

[edited]
I probably should delete my old posts but this would serve as a reminder to the others.

[ 04-28-2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 04-28-2004, 11:57 AM   #17
andrewas
Harper

Lucasarts in particular do not like anyone downloading their abandonware. Or even making tribute games. Some companies, you can do whatever you like with their older products (although it is always wise to at least make a token effort to contact the original pubisher), but lucasarts, forget it.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:28 PM   #18
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Lucasarts in particular do not like anyone downloading their abandonware. Or even making tribute games. Some companies, you can do whatever you like with their older products (although it is always wise to at least make a token effort to contact the original pubisher), but lucasarts, forget it.
Not to mention Sierra. AFAIK, old Leisure Suit Larry series*, King Quest series and police quests series are still very protected by Sierra. It was a surprise to me that they released Betrayal At Krondor to the public as freeware year ago... probably as a sort of advertisement for Return to Krondor, which is IMO a mediocre game at best.

[note]
* You might also find it surprising that Al Lowe, the creator of the old LSL series is somewhat supportive of the abandonware community, but unfortunately it is not in his power/ability to release his creations as freeware because Sierra still hold the rights to these games. For more information about LSL series, you may pay a visit to Al Lower's site
Old 04-28-2004, 01:12 PM   #19
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Ah yes! Mordor 1 + 2! I liked those games so I actually have them myself. And Harkoliar - those games sound really good. However, my website is a directory website which points you out to other websites, I can't actually host the files myself since geocities offers 15GB transfer/month. Okay at first, but if my website grows I might exceed that. So links to the websites would be great, thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] . Yep: my email is lewisjamesuk@hotmail.com . Sorry, Paladin, but no illegal material... I don't have the money to be sued [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:13 PM   #20
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I know Ultima IV was released to the public domain a few years ago, and that one is safe to include. Wouldn't know about any of the others in the series, though.

Yeah, some companies are very protective of their old games, even if they're not being sold anymore, and will go after people/sites that host them for download. It's very tricky out there, so you need to be careful what you include. When in doubt, ask the company if it's still around. Or whoever owns the company name if the actual co. isn't around any more.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote