Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2002, 02:03 PM   #1
Moni

Tuesday night we had a very powerful storm blow through here. Even though the (unprepared) news stations swear up and down there were no funnel clouds in the storm, KHaN's aunt and uncle's windows imploded before they could get home from the city, his grandparent's 50 year old chinaberry tree was completely uprooted and thrown into power lines, semi-trucks on I-35 were picked up (en route) and flipped completely around, landing in lanes on the other side of the highway and a path of general destruction was left behind.

We acquired our fourth dog in all this mess LOL.

Blown in from who-knows-where and as of yet unclaimed by anyone looking for it or even the local animal control services (who have put us off for three days with weak-to-stupid excuses as to why they can't come get it), KHaN managed to get Hercules to let her into "his" back yard today where they played til they dropped.

Not much bigger than a Jack Russell terrier (now lol) and with a husky-like face, the dog is still something of a pup but appears to have had a litter of pups already...still, her paws are big, her teeth are very clean and the biggest surprise of all, she came without parasites (although she was starving).

So I guess we add another mutt to the collection.
:1dizzy:

See Her Pic Here

Any suggestions for a name?

Old 03-22-2002, 02:11 PM   #2
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

The dog looks like Milo from 'The Mask'. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Cute.
I'll try to think of some suggestions for the name... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2002, 02:29 PM   #3
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Poor little thing..
How about Kasey?
Old 03-22-2002, 02:33 PM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

mm how about stormy to remind you of how you got him? Sorry i'm terible with names but cute dog.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:03 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I was thinking something along those lines too Blade, cute critter, perhaps you could call it "Tornado"? "Cloud"? How about "Rain"?
Old 03-22-2002, 03:16 PM   #6
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Hey my cousins had a dog that looked something like that. It was a *he* though, and he had a much longer tail. Have you decided on a name for her yet Moni?

RedBlueFlare
The dragon tamer lives on...
Old 03-22-2002, 03:58 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Oh the poor little baby! I hope she finds her owners soon; you're so good to look after her, Moni [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmmm, she looks like a Sugar to me
Old 03-22-2002, 04:40 PM   #8
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
The dog looks like Milo from 'The Mask'. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Cute.
Oh My Gosh it does! ROFL!
We still haven't decided on a name yet but KHaN is nixing any that are storm or weather related, sorry guys!
I am thinking of putting up fliers in some of the small towns west of here (the direction the storm came from) and seeing if maybe she is more lost than we think.
I'd like to keep her if she remains unclaimed, she and Herc really get along great and the two older dogs are much relieved to finally get some rest and relaxation away from Herc's never-ending supply of energy.

I really like "Sugar" [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'll run it by KHaN when he comes in and see how it flies. [img]smile.gif[/img] He likes Kasey. [img]smile.gif[/img]
She is going to be KHaN's dog...at least for a while...Herc ("my" dog) won't let her near me without getting jealous and turning mean...I'll have to work on that if she is going to stay).

[ 03-22-2002, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 03-22-2002, 05:44 PM   #9
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Animals are always fun, cant think of any name that isnt a stereotype right now so I wont bother.
Old 03-22-2002, 05:53 PM   #10
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Animals are always fun, cant think of any name that isnt a stereotype right now so I wont bother.
I know what you mean! I hate it when people call their dog fluffy or spot or something, putting no effort into its name at all. I'm sure these same people spend weeks thinking of just the right name for their baby, as if they are more worthy of an appropriate name than their pet.