Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
romeck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone

I play BG + TotSC
I have warior on lev 2 and i want him go dual to thief so :

As a warior i hav +2 longsword , what happen if i change him to thief and give him as a thief +1 to longsword . Ive read that when levels of second class will >= level of first class, he will be able to use first class skills so what will be longsword skill ?? 3(2 from figter + 1 thief's ) ?? 2(higher one) ?? 1(last one) ??

Which other figther skill i can use then ?? Shield , helm , all weapons , other ???

I play multiplayer to choose my dream(NPC are created so dumb eg. there is a cleric who has 15 wisdom , no pure fighter that have 18 str, no mage with 18 int, but every NPC even the most ugly have charisma , which is rather unneeded if u have eg Imoen , at least at 10 ) team from the begining(its my second play , i finished it once), is it good or is the game to easy then??

THQ
Old 02-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

I'm assuming you mean that you have 2 stars in longsword weapon ability... (there is one +2 longsword in the game, but why you would then give your character a +1 longsword I can't figure out )

Anyways, if you dual class, do not put any stars into the same weapons as you had previously. They will simply be wasted. When you regain your fighter levels you will still have only 2 stars.

As far as your stat points, it really doesn't matter that the NPCs don't have the maximum points. You can finish the game with any combination of characters. If you want to powergame and create a group of unrealistic characters, it's your game, have fun with it. I recommend having imagination and trying to role-play a little bit. Play around with the NPCs, they are actually quite fun and who cares if they don't have 18's!!!

[ 02-14-2005, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Neomi ]
Old 02-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
Orbost
The Magister

And why the rush to dual-class so early? You might find it worthwhile gaining a couple more levels in Fighter before you dual (more HP and better weapon profs). As you get further into the game the experience gains are pretty rapid, so you would quickly shoot up the levels.

Have fun!
Orbost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Orbost:
And why the rush to dual-class so early? You might find it worthwhile gaining a couple more levels in Fighter before you dual (more HP and better weapon profs). As you get further into the game the experience gains are pretty rapid, so you would quickly shoot up the levels.

Have fun!
agreed here, try waiting a few more levels for more fighter goodness. Even one more level would give you an extra proficiency point, and you will still get lots of thief levels. Just make sure that you don't get to the point where you don't get back the fighter levels! Also, if you plan on taking this guy to BG2, then I would recomend waiting to dual until level 9 or 13.

Vague spoilers!
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
Also, there is a mage with 18 INT, and IIRC 2 warrior-types with 18 STR. There is also a warrior with 20 CON, a thief with 20 DEX, and a fighter thief with more proficiency than possible. You just have to look
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote