Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 12:41 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

1) Will the game allow strange class combinations such as Paladin/thief?
2)Will the game allow you to import your own music and sounds(in MP3 or Wav form).
3)Will it be possible to use the editor to create cut-scenes with the ingame engine.
4)Will it allow dual wielding?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 02:28 PM   #2
ispq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Answers, as I know them:
1) Yes, you can combine up to any three (3) of the basic eleven (11) classes.
2) Probably, though I honestly have no clue.
3) Not from what I've seen or heard, but the feature may be there.
4) If by dual wielding you mean two weapons, it should allow it as it is a class feature of the ranger. Well, to be precise the Ranger has two virtual feats relating to wielding two weapons, Ambidexterity and Two Weapon Fighting, as long as the Ranger wears Light Armor or less, and is using a Light Weapon in the off hand. It is a basic feature of 3rd edition, and seems likely to be possible.
ispq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 08:58 PM   #3
Suunman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read somewhere a few weeks ago that it will be posible to record a section of game play and then replay it as a cut scene -- you'd need to be able to do some scripting though i think.

so you could "record" a mage summoning a big bad beastie and have him say "kill them all!" then script that recording to play as they enter the room.

and other stuff like that i guess.
Suunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 01:06 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by ispq:
Answers, as I know them:
1) Yes, you can combine up to any three (3) of the basic eleven (11) classes.

Interesting, will this work like the BG dual class system? For instance, after my pally becomes level three, I decide to learn him some mage skills. So I let him choose the mage class. Do I have to wait 'till my mage hits level4 before I can use my paladin skills again?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 01:46 PM   #5
Gyruss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"Interesting, will this work like the BG dual class system?"

I'm pretty sure duel-classing is gone in 3E. Multi-class chars are whats still in, and they have taken away most of the restrictions I think about what is allowed.
Gyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 10:45 PM   #6
Billy Yank
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Interesting, will this work like the BG dual class system? For instance, after my pally becomes level three, I decide to learn him some mage skills. So I let him choose the mage class. Do I have to wait 'till my mage hits level4 before I can use my paladin skills again?
No. 3ed classes work differently than 2ed. When you gain enough xp for a new level, you can level up in any class allowed by your stats/alignment/etc, and you can use all the abilities of all your classes. i.e. I have an 11th level character: 8th level cleric, 3rd level bard. When I get enough xp to advance to 12th level, I can gain a cleric level, a bard level, or I can gain a level in another class like fighter or mage (though that last option might give me an xp penalty).
Old 03-17-2002, 09:19 AM   #7
The Xlord
Dungeon Master

about the classes and races, it's exactly the same system as in BG2...
Old 03-21-2002, 04:04 PM   #8
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by The Xlord:
about the classes and races, it's exactly the same system as in BG2...
Well, not quite, in NWN it will be 3rd Ed, so any race can be any class, just imagine, halfling paladins, heh heh, or maybe dwarven sorcerers... cool.