Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2004, 03:50 AM   #1
Bredalbane
User Suspended for 1 Month [Apr17]

Mad

For that matter, what if you don't even release Imoen from Jonny's starting dungeon? Does the whole Spellhold/Underdark thing go away? Is there an unavoidable plot twist that takes you to the Spellhold/Underdark sequence? SPOIL ME !!!
Bredalbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:56 AM   #2
Odruith
The Magister

No. You have to go to Spellhold. You just don't have to accept Imoen into the party.

The result is the same however, you end up in the Underdark thanks to Saemon's bad seamanship. Stupid Saemon.
Odruith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:31 AM   #3
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I'm pretty sure he isn't a bad sailor, just a backstabbing sailor. Who'd outsail a Githyanki Ship with a normal Seaship?
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Bredalbane:
For that matter, what if you don't even release Imoen from Jonny's starting dungeon?
Even if you leave her there, she will find her way out and (pure coincidence of course ) at exactly the same time as you.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:27 AM   #5
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

but what if you use the shapechange -> mindflayer trick on her in the dungeon?

it would be cool if the game continued but im guessing it will just totally mess it up beyond all rescue...
Old 03-05-2004, 11:28 AM   #6
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
quote:
Originally posted by Bredalbane:
For that matter, what if you don't even release Imoen from Jonny's starting dungeon?
Even if you leave her there, she will find her way out and (pure coincidence of course ) at exactly the same time as you. [/QUOTE]Imoen just sneaks behind your butt
Old 03-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #7
Fangrel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IIRC I don't think she can be "killed" before Spellhold, since she is such an important part of the plot upto that point. I believe her belt has something to do with it. She'll spout something about not feeling good and leave the party only to reappear when you escape Chateau Irenicus and be captured the Cowled Wizards.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:38 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I liked the picture of Saemon and a bunch of seamen.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:14 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by bjorn:
but what if you use the shapechange -> mindflayer trick on her in the dungeon?

it would be cool if the game continued but im guessing it will just totally mess it up beyond all rescue...
I think even the belt can be passed with that trick, but the developers may have thought of this and created a separate Imoen (different code) that is found at the exit.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #10
Odruith
The Magister

Consider Imoen outside of irenicus' dungeon.

She has no equipment or anything on, it has all passed to your hands. So I'm willing to bet the Imoen outside spellhold is on a different code anyway, because she is not in the party lineup so to speak. your party of 3-4 comes out in formation, yet the Imoen char is not part of that.

Anyway, Jerr, I think you're right. he's a backstabbing sailor, not a bad sailor. : P but in being a backstabbing sailor he becomes a bad sailor because he doesn't get you from a-b without stabbing you in the back at c.
Odruith is offline   Reply With Quote