Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2002, 12:00 AM   #1
Storm Shadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Every time I try to get past the burned out house to the west of Ishad N'Ha something zaps me and all of my people die. What is it? Is it the dragon? Or something else and how do I get past it? (Frustration strikes every two minutes.)
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 04:46 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

No I think it´s those darn amazoni mantraps that are just waiting for you to enter their sight! They spit swampgas at you, actually I think it´s the spell deadly vapours. On this site is a map where their location is marked: Hints and Maps. You can also check the best tip thread on tips on how to kill them... They´re quite nasty but give you a lot of experience points.

[ 06-20-2002, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 06-20-2002, 05:08 AM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

...Amazonian Mantraps.. ..the dragon is much farther west.

There's usually 2 groups of them. A group of 2, just west of the burned out house and a group of 3, just east of Dragon's Spire. They start out on the northern trails (at the lake) and They will ...hunt...you... down!....

You can avoid them early, by taking the southern trails, but They will ...hunt...you...down!....

If you put them off for too long, they will chase you all the way to the west gate of Ishad N'Ha.

Distance spells ( especially ' storm ' spells ) work the best. Try doing a search on 'mantraps' for more ideas.

[ 06-20-2002, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 06-20-2002, 06:32 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Lol packrat! You almost scare me!! And I know whrere they are and what to do, lol..
Old 06-20-2002, 08:42 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Packrat - ditto on what Willow said!

(They....WILL....hunt....you....down!)

(shiver)
That's enough to keep you awake at night! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 12:02 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Like they said...

They WILL hunt you down...

...but a suprisingly effective spell against them is flamedrop.

Why? Because it's a spell that keeps on giving, and can give you enough time to figure out what it is you're going to try to do to them. As soon as they've been 'dropped, they get interrupted before they can try anything with another point (or less!) of damage.

So 'drop 'em, and them 'storm 'em.

And save the remains for a nice salad...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 04:53 AM   #7
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

...My first time through the game, I had 6 wanna be samurai. It seemed like they were everywhere....I just kept running away and varying the route. By the time I finished getting them all the baton. They were all tough enough to deal with them.

When I do the 'Fast Track game', they all end up in the clearing by Torin. It makes quite a melee...5 mantraps...3+ mountian spiders...12 or so sneeks...several worgurs...and a few swamp muck. ( they will ...hunt...you...down )

One time, Torin ended up a victim of friendly fire ( I used storm , from the ledge )and another time I had to use cure poison to save him from the mantraps.