Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2001, 03:21 PM   #1
Johnny B
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone recognize the error message "an assertion failed in cgameeffect.cpp at line #1385"??? It keeps tossing me out and leaving that message behind. Any help would be appreciated.

J.B.
Johnny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 07:04 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I keep getting a very similar message on the Wyrm's Tooth map. See my message and the reply I got. Maybe you will find it useful: I have no idea what to do with it... VERY frustrating. I'm just hoping that my location doesn't contain anything essential... Hope yours doesn't either!
It MUST be a bug if we are both getting it, don't you think? Even if in different locations - but the patch doesn't fix it...

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 09:19 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Interesting...Have both of you done some sort of change to the game like unofficial this's or that's...or changed anything in the format of the game?
Have you tried deleting your override Dir. I hear that is a famous solution to many things...(problems I have seen come up before were requested trying that first.)

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 05:02 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yep.
I have had alot of trouble with IWD and the expansion. The game kept quiting and lagging like hell for no apparent reson. I gor so tired I throw it out and I haven´t even gotten to the new area yet...

Damn disapointing, (sorry) but I feel like if this is the way they´re taking the games to be slow and full of troubles, NWN motors for the game might be a good idea..

The best sofar has been Torment, ran without problems for me, but I heard of others who could hardly get the thing started..

Sorry for the burst.. This is just so annoying...

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 06:08 AM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ain't dun nuttin to the darn game except download the patch - maybe I should ditch the patch! I don't remember having any problems before I got it, but I don't remember if I got to Worm's Tooth before...
Uh.. what do I do to delete the override directory? I'm pretty dumb about technical stuff

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:42 AM   #6
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Have either of you checked with Interplay? I know one of their sites has a forum for technical help. You might get a quicker answer there.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 09:11 AM   #7
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
Have either of you checked with Interplay? I know one of their sites has a forum for technical help. You might get a quicker answer there.

Yep, I have checked, but this problem isn´t amongst the problems. Tried the patch, nah, didn´t helped.

Once the game crashed and I run it again immediately it works fine, except for some serious lagging...

I mean I´m a graphic lover and thats why I bought one helluva g-card to..
Have been ditching alot of the sound though,steals alot of memory.

But well, Compaired to running Quake 3 with twelve bots in 1024, 32 bit graphics, maximum details, and eeverything and the comp just whisper.. "gimme more" well, I tired of a buggy 2d game that almost dies everytime you cast a magic missile.... *sob* It was so fun though!!!
Old 05-04-2001, 09:42 AM   #8
WOLFGIR

OK, the good people at Interplay have this little page..
http://www.interplay.com/icewind/techinfo.html#prog

Check it out..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-04-2001, 11:10 AM   #9
Erekose
The Magister

I had that problem whenever the undead elven clerics started casting on the third level of their tower. I had to use a hasted thief with spelldiver to stop them casting.

------------------
THE RUNES ON THE SWORD ARE THE WORMS THAT ARE WISE
THE NAME OF THE SWORD IS THE SAME AS THE SCYTHE
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 12:51 PM   #10
Johnny B
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks gang, I'll look into interplay's forum. Who know's??? :}
Johnny B is offline   Reply With Quote