Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 10:50 AM   #1
One_Ugly_Mutha

I found half of a treasure scroll in the Temple Ruins but have no idea to what or where it references. Has anybody else discovered this scroll and have they found the other half and the treasure. I am only starting Chapter 4, will the mystery be solved later in the game?

Old 02-01-2001, 11:09 AM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Yes, you can find the other part of the scroll, but I think it's tied to playing a Ranger as the main PC. I gave up trying to find the treasure.
Old 02-01-2001, 04:58 PM   #3
Falk

Hi,
I asked the forum the same question a week or so ago, someone kindly copied me an earlier thread. Yes, apparently you have to be a Ranger in order to do this quest. Hope you didn't do what I did and spend several wasted hours, going back to search the standing stones on the temple map square!

There are a number of quests like this in the game which are specific to character class - basically each class has its own stronghold which can only be won if you're playing a character of that class (for example the sphere in the slums is the mage stronghold, but only if you're playing a mage). Once you have the stronghold for your class you will receive a number of other minor quests to complete.

Good luck avoiding any other red herrings.

Old 02-06-2001, 02:46 PM   #4
Edskee

My main guy IS a ranger... and I still cant find the damn stone with the stuff in it... anyone?

Old 02-06-2001, 03:29 PM   #5
Frejya

My current PC is a ranger, and I've just finished this bit, so hope this helps

You have to wait until after you have got your stronghold (ie. become protector of the village), then after about a week (game time) Delon will come to find you with more information about this quest. You won't be able to speed things up though, I suggest just getting on with other quests in the meantime.
Good Luck

Old 02-06-2001, 05:29 PM   #6
Frejya

Possible Spoiler

Or try looking around your cabin (the one that used to be Merella's(?) - for one or maybe more of the ranger 'stronghold' quests a woodland spirit hangs around this area waiting for you to turn up - she will give you more information.