Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 03:05 PM   #11
Sorcerer Alex

Gosh, I thought this thread was about 'male' sterilization at first. Show's how bad my eyes are getting....

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Alex (edited 10-18-2001).]

Old 10-18-2001, 03:05 PM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
It's because of the anthrax spores being sent by the mail, Vaskez. It's a very real and frightening danger because of some sickos.
Yeah I know, I was only joking.

Old 10-18-2001, 03:08 PM   #13
Byronas

Thanks very much!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-18-2001, 03:15 PM   #14
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I was going to make my own post today about this, but since you have already created one on it, I will use this spot...
Today, I thought I had been infected. I was sorting through the mail at my work, when I discovered I had a powder on my left hand. Stopping immediatley where I was, I made everyone leave the room, and sent one guy to get my boss. He came in, and had a cell phone in hand, talking to I don't know who about me. He saw my hands, instructed me to go wash-up, and began to examine the mail himself, using latex gloves. He discovered that a person had used chalk on one of the letters, on the underside of the letter. He called the postoffice to ask them and they said that they sometimes do use chalk to mark certain bundles of mail that are to be delivered. He told them to not ever do that again, and said that I had been right in doing what I did...making everyone leave and calling him immediately. I was a bit concerned, but I did not think I would die, or anything. I felt alright about it. I am glad to know that I can keep my cool in times like that, because if I would have been crying or screaming or something, I could have upset alot of people unnecassarily.

Yikes, glad to hear it turned out OK, I hope the Post Office will use markers from now on

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Old 10-18-2001, 04:58 PM   #15
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
I appreciate any post about mail. Mail is my business. We've taken measures to protect ourselves against unwanted mail. But, since we receive thousands of pieces of mail every day, the sterilizing technique is not feasible. I would love to have a mail sterilizing room so my people and I would feel safer. We are the first defense against such acts in my company. So, we sit with our rubber gloves and I get to open the suspicious parcels myself because my people are a bit scared these days.

Have you heard anything about the irradiation units? Mail could be sterilized by the pallet in a couple seconds. I think someone suggested it could be a modified version of the irradiators used in hospitals to treat cancer in a containment chamber. I get a feeling it will never come to this. If they had a significant amount of the agent, they would have spread more of it by now.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-18-2001, 06:36 PM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL, almost read the title of this thread wrong, thought it was about "male sterilization", different subject entirely LOL!

H. Sedai - Keep safe and be careful, as working in any mailroom is a bit risky now, I truly hope that things will return to normal soon...

Larry - I know what you mean about wondering how you will react to a certain situation, if you would panic or not. I have already had an opportunity to test myself on this years ago, and I did NOT panic, and am more confident now. The instance though was totally different than what you experienced with opening that package, so I won't go into it. Sounds like you handled yourself calmly and professionally, and also thought of other's welfare by sending them out of the room.

------------------
Old 10-18-2001, 06:41 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Yeah I know, I was only joking.

Sorry, Vaskez. Yes, I finally caught the joke.

Cheers,

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 10-18-2001).]