Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 01:09 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Here's the link to a thread you may find useful.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/000063.html

[This message has been edited by Sir Kenyth (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 01:12 PM   #2
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Thanks Saz! I was wondering what I was doing wrong.
Old 10-18-2001, 01:20 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

No prob!

Cheers,

------------------
Old 10-18-2001, 01:23 PM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Why would anyone want to sterilise their mail? I've heard that junk mail can be annoying but I never thought it was a danger in THAT way such that it would need sterilising.

Old 10-18-2001, 01:35 PM   #5
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Why would anyone want to sterilise their mail? I've heard that junk mail can be annoying but I never thought it was a danger in THAT way such that it would need sterilising.

Are you kidding! Junk mail breeds like ! I say sterilize it ALL!!!!

Seriously, though - this is a very informative post and I, for one appreciate it. I don't know if I will ever get any 'suspicious' mail or what, exactly, I'd do if I got some, but it is always useful to know of a way to protect one's self. Thanks!

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-18-2001, 01:52 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

It's because of the anthrax spores being sent by the mail, Vaskez. It's a very real and frightening danger because of some sickos.

------------------
Old 10-18-2001, 01:56 PM   #7
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

I appreciate any post about mail. Mail is my business. We've taken measures to protect ourselves against unwanted mail. But, since we receive thousands of pieces of mail every day, the sterilizing technique is not feasible. I would love to have a mail sterilizing room so my people and I would feel safer. We are the first defense against such acts in my company. So, we sit with our rubber gloves and I get to open the suspicious parcels myself because my people are a bit scared these days.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-18-2001, 02:02 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I was going to make my own post today about this, but since you have already created one on it, I will use this spot...
Today, I thought I had been infected. I was sorting through the mail at my work, when I discovered I had a powder on my left hand. Stopping immediatley where I was, I made everyone leave the room, and sent one guy to get my boss. He came in, and had a cell phone in hand, talking to I don't know who about me. He saw my hands, instructed me to go wash-up, and began to examine the mail himself, using latex gloves. He discovered that a person had used chalk on one of the letters, on the underside of the letter. He called the postoffice to ask them and they said that they sometimes do use chalk to mark certain bundles of mail that are to be delivered. He told them to not ever do that again, and said that I had been right in doing what I did...making everyone leave and calling him immediately. I was a bit concerned, but I did not think I would die, or anything. I felt alright about it. I am glad to know that I can keep my cool in times like that, because if I would have been crying or screaming or something, I could have upset alot of people unnecassarily.

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF
Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una nińa bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-18-2001, 02:05 PM   #9
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I was going to make my own post today about this, but since you have already created one on it, I will use this spot...
Today, I thought I had been infected. I was sorting through the mail at my work, when I discovered I had a powder on my left hand. Stopping immediatley where I was, I made everyone leave the room, and sent one guy to get my boss. He came in, and had a cell phone in hand, talking to I don't know who about me. He saw my hands, instructed me to go wash-up, and began to examine the mail himself, using latex gloves. He discovered that a person had used chalk on one of the letters, on the underside of the letter. He called the postoffice to ask them and they said that they sometimes do use chalk to mark certain bundles of mail that are to be delivered. He told them to not ever do that again, and said that I had been right in doing what I did...making everyone leave and calling him immediately. I was a bit concerned, but I did not think I would die, or anything. I felt alright about it. I am glad to know that I can keep my cool in times like that, because if I would have been crying or screaming or something, I could have upset alot of people unnecassarily.

Larry, I'm truly glad that it wasn't something bad. I do know what you mean by upsetting people. When we had our incident last Friday, one of my people went hysterical and I had to calm her down. I didn't know that the Post Office did that. Thanks for the info. Once again, I'm happy that you didn't get something fatal.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-18-2001, 02:54 PM   #10
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Are you kidding! Junk mail breeds like ! I say sterilize it ALL!!!!

Seriously, though - this is a very informative post and I, for one appreciate it. I don't know if I will ever get any 'suspicious' mail or what, exactly, I'd do if I got some, but it is always useful to know of a way to protect one's self. Thanks!

So that's where Rikard is getting his from

------------------

Lady Menqel, Protector of IW's, smiter of evil

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
- Priest of Helm
- Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
- Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
- Magical advisor of MiLady Lioness
- Thanks to Sazerac for the great sig picture