Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 10:58 AM   #1
Sandy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there any way to make the night go faster? Even though I have a Whiskah, I can't see a darned thing and I'm getting impatient. I'm trying to make it past the Amazoni mantraps to Shurugeon Castle. Also, at this point of the game, shouldn't Gareth have been murdered? He hasn't been. Did I miss doing something?
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 11:08 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

1) Try lurking around in a dungeon. It seems to make time go a bit faster. So does combat. Also: I've noticed that time passes VERY fast when talking to an NPC.

2) Gareth IS toast after you talk to the "Stranger" outside of Valeia near the beginning of the game. I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that Sir Elgar isn't telling you about it?

One thing I've noticed is that the NPC's, in particular the Mayors and the tavernkeeps, repeat their messages if you visit them with different characters selected. Always talk to them with the SAME character, so to get the different messages they have. BAD design! BAD, BAD design!!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 11:11 AM   #3
Sederburg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Sandy, welcome to the Forum! I don't know of any "tricks" to speed the night along, but mucking around in a dungeon for awhile (with spawn rate set to high) is a good way to pass the time. I *believe* that time still passes when you are in pause mode, so you could put it on pause (and be safe from monsters) and go watch tv or something while you wait (be careful though, I've done this before and came back just in time to see the sun setting, DOH!).

Another option is to just run around at night using the mini-map to navigate. This is NOT advised with the mantraps though, as they will hand you your head on a silver platter.

I had the same problem with Gareth; try asking the mayor for news multiple times in a row. The first time you will get the "I'm worried about Gareth" speech, and if you leave and come back, you will just get it again. Listen to how he is worried, and ask again. That will jog his memory that Gareth is dead.

ms
Sederburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 11:18 AM   #4
Moni

I think I noticed in my second playthrough that certain quests have to be completed before the dialogue updates in the town news.

Gareth is confirmed dead somewhere around where you are sent to Ishad N'ha from Valeia.

The illuminate spell works well at night if you absolutely get caught outdoors. I, personally, preferred exploring new outdoor areas in the dark (with the exception of the areas wherein the Amazoni Mantraps lurk!) since it seemed to me I got tougher enemies (more EP) and better loot.

; )
Happy Adventuring!
Moni
Old 03-21-2001, 11:35 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The patch is supposed to make the dark less dark. Also you can adjust your gamma in the computer options section of the game which will help as well. Illumination has got to be one of my favorite and most used spells!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 12:32 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Illumination, Bless, and Bloodlust. Don't leave town without them!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 04:32 PM   #7
Sandy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everyone!! Gareth is now officially dead, and I'm at the castle (in daylight) but the mantraps are after me - I checked in to read the posts about beating them again.
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 09:10 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Good luck with the plants!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 02:27 PM   #9
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Gareth's death should be noted in the obituary page in Saz's newspaper
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote