Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 11:15 AM   #1
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

As far as i know, no one's done this before so here goes:

Anyone with any home made kits show em off here! I'll start by putting one of my less exciting classes up, go on, i dare you to best it

Pit Fighter (fighter subclass):

Born into slavery, the Pit fighter is the master of brutal one on one combat. Having spent their entire lives in captivity, fighting for their owners they have come to possess incredible strength and constitution, as well as a high degree of proficency with blunt weapons, and a distain for those cowardly enough to fight from afar. After proving himself as a champion, A pit fighter can gain his freedom, truly a warrior of respect.

Bonuses: +2 to STR and CON on ability rolls, +1 Blunt weapons proficency
Disadvantages: -2 to INT and CHAR, Cannot use any ranged weapons

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
My dreams lie shattered, my heart broken,
A casulty on a battlefield called love.

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 05-23-2001).]
Old 05-23-2001, 11:23 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds cool! Is it available for download?

------------------
Old 05-23-2001, 11:32 AM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Uh, nope, just on My PC im afraid

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
Old 05-23-2001, 11:42 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, if you're interested, you can get Drizzt's kit-making tutorial from PotenciusNet. It's pretty easy, once you get the hang of it.

------------------
Old 05-23-2001, 11:44 AM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

*Sigh*, well the kit I most like playing out of my ones is probably the Desolator. For those who haven't played it or seen it, here's the descrition, from my site:

DESOLATOR: Desolators are quite different from other types of ranger. They still have an affinity for nature although not such an outright love for it as rangers generally do. Desolators are people of the wild but their prime interest is disorder in nature(and everywhere else). They believe that man's law and order interfereing in nature is no good and do what they can to disrupt man's rules. Many of their abilities are geared towards this. First of all they need to be nimble to be able to hide and avoid capture which they are constantly threatened with after causing disruption. This means that they are generally quick of foot and don't like to weigh themselves down with heavy metal armour. Desolators, unlike other rangers who don't set traps in fear of harming animals, are more interested in using their trap setting skills to deter pursuers. However, due to their chaotic nature they don't have the patience to even look for, let alone work out how to disarm traps set by others. Apart from the skills gained from living in nature, Desolators also develop special abilities to help them disrupt the attacks of enemies of chaos and nature. Any Desolator has a chance of disarming enemy warriors and they work to perfect this feat as they gain experience, as they know that nothing disrupts a fighter more than the loss of his/her weapon. Desolators also dabble in a very limited amount of sorcery; at medium levels of experience they gain the ability to shapeshift into a form used to disrupt the sorcery of enemy spellcasters. A final ability to cause chaos is the Wave of Confusion which effects not only warriors and mages but more dangerous creatures as well. Desolators reserve this ability for the most dire situations. Logically, Desolators also choose weapons to suit their lifestyle- they don't like common weapons which they deem boring and "lawful" and are generally used by guards and such "disgusting enemies of chaos". They prefer unusual weapons such as flails but most of all unusual blades such as scimitars and wakizashis, which are easier to carry and conceal. The scimitar is therefore the weapon of choice for Desolators and they use their limited ties to magic to help them summon forth powerful scimitars which they can use for a short time each day. One disadvantage of promoting chaos and living in anarchy is the effect on one's luck. Taking more risks simply results in a greater probability of disaster. Desolators know this but pay no heed as they proudly recite arguments saying that only cowards don't take risks, those who take risks gain the biggest rewards and that law doesn't pay.

Advantages:
-Moves at the same speed as barbarians (ie. +2).
-Has a +1 bonus to maximum dexterity at character creation.
-Gains "Disarm" ability at level 5 which allows them to attempt to knock opponents weapons out of their hands. Gains an extra attempt each level. At 5th level has a 20% chance of succeeding and this increases by 10% every other level up to a maximum of 90% at level 19.
-Can set 1 trap per day at level 1 and gains an extra trap every 3 levels. Has a trap setting skill of 15 at level 1 and this increases by 10 every 3 levels up to a maximum of 75 at level 19.
-Gains "Shapeshift:Nishruu" ability at level 8. This lasts for 4 rounds, plus 4 rounds for every 4 levels of the caster, ie. 12 rounds at level 8, 16 rounds levels 12 etc. up to a maximum of 24 rounds(app. 2.5 mins) at level 20.
-Gains "Shapeshift:Hakeashar" ability at level 12. The duration is the same as for the nishruu form.
-Can put 4*s into Scimitar and 3*s into Flail/Morningstar.
-At level 9 gains the ability to summon forth a magical scimitar called "The Morpher".
-At level 14 gains the ability to summon forth a more powerful magical scimitar called "Anarchist's Loper".
-Can cast "Wave of Confusion" at level 1. Gains an extra casting every 6 levels.

Disadvantages:
-Cannot wear armour greater than studded leather.
-Cannot charm person/animal.
-Can only be proficient in weapons other than scimitars and flails/morning stars.
-Permanent -2 to luck (ie. -2 THAC0, -2 all saving throws etc.).
-Has a -1 penalty to maximum constitution and -4 to max. wisdom at creation.
-Must be of chaotic alignment.
-Human, elf or half-elf only.

The Morpher
This is a powerful extra-planar magical scimitar which only Desolators know how to control. However, its existance in the prime material requires fuel which it gains from the wielder's life energy. Because of this the sword can only be used for about 2 hours at the most each day (10 mins real time).

Statistics
Damage: 1d8+2
THACO bonus: +2
Enchanted to hit: +2
Speed Factor: 3
Equipped abilities:
- -1 to strength
- -1 to dexterity
- -1 penalty to save vs. spells
- Immunity to confusion
Combat Abilities:
Each hit-
-50% chance that the target has to save vs. spells or act confused for 3 rounds.
-20% chance that the target has to save vs. polymorph or be turned into a mutated gibberling for 8 rounds.

Anarchist's Loper
This is an extremely powerful scimitar which has captured the very essence of chaos itself. Often it seems to have a mind of its own and its effects are not always advantageous to the wielder. Each hit with the scimitar serves to confuse the target more and more and unpredicable effects appear more often than not. Even though Desolator's thrive on chaos and chance, they are more careful than usual when wielding this weapon for they know they hold a greater power than they can control. This blade saps even more energy than The Morpher and can be used for a shorter time of about an hour and a half(7 mins real time) each day before the summoner's concentration is exhausted.

Statistics
Damage: 1d8+4
THACO bonus: +4
Enchanted to hit: +4
Speed Factor: 1
Equipped abilities:
- -2 to strength
- -1 to dexterity
-Immunity to confusion
Combat Abilities:
Each hit:
-20% chance that target will act confused for 3 rounds.
-30% chance that target has to save vs. polymorph or be turned into a goblin for 1 turn.
-5% chance to cast "Sphere of Chaos" centred on the target.
-60% chance that target has to save vs. spells or go berserk for 5 rounds.
-30% chance that target has to save vs. spells or run away screaming for 5 rounds.
-Drains the target of 1 wisdom for 2 rounds.

Wave of Confusion: This spell creates a powerful psionic/magical wave that effects the minds of all those within 25 feet of the caster. Those effected must save vs. spells at -4 or act confused for 30 secs. This spell does not effect party members.

I am also pretty pleased with the Lich and the Psychic Elemental.
Old 05-23-2001, 11:45 AM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Well, if you're interested, you can get Drizzt's kit-making tutorial from PotenciusNet. It's pretty easy, once you get the hang of it.

I've already made it Mr. Noch.....when will we some of your kits gracing this thread? Or anyone elses for that matter???

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
Old 05-23-2001, 11:47 AM   #7
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
*Sigh*, well the kit I most like playing out of my ones is probably the Desolator. For those who haven't played it or seen it, here's the descrition, from my site:

DESOLATOR: Desolators are quite different from other types of ranger. They still have an affinity for nature although not such an outright love for it as rangers generally do. Desolators are people of the wild but their prime interest is disorder in nature(and everywhere else). They believe that man's law and order interfereing in nature is no good and do what they can to disrupt man's rules. Many of their abilities are geared towards this. First of all they need to be nimble to be able to hide and avoid capture which they are constantly threatened with after causing disruption. This means that they are generally quick of foot and don't like to weigh themselves down with heavy metal armour. Desolators, unlike other rangers who don't set traps in fear of harming animals, are more interested in using their trap setting skills to deter pursuers. However, due to their chaotic nature they don't have the patience to even look for, let alone work out how to disarm traps set by others. Apart from the skills gained from living in nature, Desolators also develop special abilities to help them disrupt the attacks of enemies of chaos and nature. Any Desolator has a chance of disarming enemy warriors and they work to perfect this feat as they gain experience, as they know that nothing disrupts a fighter more than the loss of his/her weapon. Desolators also dabble in a very limited amount of sorcery; at medium levels of experience they gain the ability to shapeshift into a form used to disrupt the sorcery of enemy spellcasters. A final ability to cause chaos is the Wave of Confusion which effects not only warriors and mages but more dangerous creatures as well. Desolators reserve this ability for the most dire situations. Logically, Desolators also choose weapons to suit their lifestyle- they don't like common weapons which they deem boring and "lawful" and are generally used by guards and such "disgusting enemies of chaos". They prefer unusual weapons such as flails but most of all unusual blades such as scimitars and wakizashis, which are easier to carry and conceal. The scimitar is therefore the weapon of choice for Desolators and they use their limited ties to magic to help them summon forth powerful scimitars which they can use for a short time each day. One disadvantage of promoting chaos and living in anarchy is the effect on one's luck. Taking more risks simply results in a greater probability of disaster. Desolators know this but pay no heed as they proudly recite arguments saying that only cowards don't take risks, those who take risks gain the biggest rewards and that law doesn't pay.

Advantages:
-Moves at the same speed as barbarians (ie. +2).
-Has a +1 bonus to maximum dexterity at character creation.
-Gains "Disarm" ability at level 5 which allows them to attempt to knock opponents weapons out of their hands. Gains an extra attempt each level. At 5th level has a 20% chance of succeeding and this increases by 10% every other level up to a maximum of 90% at level 19.
-Can set 1 trap per day at level 1 and gains an extra trap every 3 levels. Has a trap setting skill of 15 at level 1 and this increases by 10 every 3 levels up to a maximum of 75 at level 19.
-Gains "Shapeshift:Nishruu" ability at level 8. This lasts for 4 rounds, plus 4 rounds for every 4 levels of the caster, ie. 12 rounds at level 8, 16 rounds levels 12 etc. up to a maximum of 24 rounds(app. 2.5 mins) at level 20.
-Gains "Shapeshift:Hakeashar" ability at level 12. The duration is the same as for the nishruu form.
-Can put 4*s into Scimitar and 3*s into Flail/Morningstar.
-At level 9 gains the ability to summon forth a magical scimitar called "The Morpher".
-At level 14 gains the ability to summon forth a more powerful magical scimitar called "Anarchist's Loper".
-Can cast "Wave of Confusion" at level 1. Gains an extra casting every 6 levels.

Disadvantages:
-Cannot wear armour greater than studded leather.
-Cannot charm person/animal.
-Can only be proficient in weapons other than scimitars and flails/morning stars.
-Permanent -2 to luck (ie. -2 THAC0, -2 all saving throws etc.).
-Has a -1 penalty to maximum constitution and -4 to max. wisdom at creation.
-Must be of chaotic alignment.
-Human, elf or half-elf only.

The Morpher
This is a powerful extra-planar magical scimitar which only Desolators know how to control. However, its existance in the prime material requires fuel which it gains from the wielder's life energy. Because of this the sword can only be used for about 2 hours at the most each day (10 mins real time).

Statistics
Damage: 1d8+2
THACO bonus: +2
Enchanted to hit: +2
Speed Factor: 3
Equipped abilities:
- -1 to strength
- -1 to dexterity
- Immunity to confusion
Combat Abilities:
Each hit-
-50% chance that the target has to save vs. spells or act confused for 3 rounds.
-20% chance that the target has to save vs. polymorph or be turned into a mutated gibberling for 8 rounds.

Anarchist's Loper
This is an extremely powerful scimitar which has captured the very essence of chaos itself. Often it seems to have a mind of its own and its effects are not always advantageous to the wielder. Each hit with the scimitar serves to confuse the target more and more and unpredicable effects appear more often than not. Even though Desolator's thrive on chaos and chance, they are more careful than usual when wielding this weapon for they know they hold a greater power than they can control. This blade saps even more energy than The Morpher and can be used for a shorter time of about an hour and a half(7 mins real time) each day before the summoner's concentration is exhausted.

Statistics
Damage: 1d8+4
THACO bonus: +4
Enchanted to hit: +4
Speed Factor: 1
Equipped abilities:
- -2 to strength
- -1 to dexterity
-Immunity to confusion
Combat Abilities:
Each hit:
-20% chance that target will act confused for 3 rounds.
-30% chance that target has to save vs. polymorph or be turned into a goblin for 1 turn.
-5% chance to cast "Sphere of Chaos" centred on the target.
-60% chance that target has to save vs. spells or go berserk for 5 rounds.
-30% chance that target has to save vs. spells or run away screaming for 5 rounds.
-Drains the target of 1 wisdom for 2 rounds.

Wave of Confusion: This spell creates a powerful psionic/magical wave that effects the minds of all those within 25 feet of the caster. Those effected must save vs. spells at -4 or act confused for 30 secs. This spell does not effect party members.

I am also pretty pleased with the Lich and the Psychic Elemental.
WOW!

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
Old 05-23-2001, 11:52 AM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
WOW!
LOL, I've had it up for download since february. U can get it at http://lhanzo.tripod.com

Old 05-23-2001, 11:58 AM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Methinks i will! Nice one Vaskez!!!!

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
Old 05-23-2001, 01:43 PM   #10
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i've got so many kits (includng vaskevs lich, desolator,psycic elemental, demoniac & juggernaut) i'll only name my ones :
barbarian hunter
DragonTamer
phantom knight (too powerful but fun)
and my latest one (the one i just finished earlier today)
the Lawyer (a cleric class)
this is only part of my kits but.. who cares

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats