Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2000, 04:33 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

The Christmas is done with and it's time for Baldur's gate II. I have a little problem which I hope you guys can help me with. Firkraag!

This place is a maze, and I don't know if I am doing everything right. I go in a cave (at windspear hills) and kill a lot of ghosts and orcs and the like. Then I come to a place where there is an iron golem and some other golems, which are very hard to kill. I realized after one fight, I could not stand a chance, so I cast invisibility spells to get past them. Then I come to a place where there is an "adventurer", who turned out to be a servant of Firkraag. I killed her and the people with her. After that I kill some guardians and get a helmet. I use this helmet to get past a guardian and pick up a long sword and a shield.

Now I am confused, what do I do now?. I cast invisibility spell on my mage and go out on a little excursion. I find other servants of Firkraag who try to trick me, run past them and get some items, and find another helmet at a bridge. Nothing else of importance seemed to be in that area so I go down to a place where there is a troll, and get a cook-book. Nothing of importance seemed to be in this area either, so I go through the door past the golems, but nothing is here either!!!

Now to my questions:
Where do I get hold of this Firkraag? Should I really kill the people that I have seen on my excursion? Is there items on them that I need later? I have a key, a cook-book and two helmets, where does the key go and what do I do with the cook-book and the other helmet?

Maybe someone knows where I can find a walkthrough that tell me what I should do in Windspear hills.

Help would be welcomed, lest I endanger myself
Old 12-26-2000, 04:50 PM   #2
Jon the Hell Caster

Go across the bridge and turn up the light on your computer. You should see a door.

Old 12-26-2000, 04:52 PM   #3
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Well, you should kill all these golems cause the xp you get is important. A good tactic to kill them: usually there is a bigger golem (iron i think) that cant get through a door or a small passage and doesnt allow the other smaller golems to reach you. Then if you have the bow that shoots magical arrows you can shoot the small golems and kill them without getting hurt (melfs minute meteors also can be used), and then do the same with the great golem. If one of the golems is inmune to your shots leave this for the end and kill it with your warriors. Another tactic is to send your mage(s) well protected (mirror image and stone skin, or iron skin for the clerics) and while they take the shoots attack them with your warriors. Haste will help a lot.
About Firekraag, in the bridge where you got the helmet of defense there is a passage to the north with some golems (here you can use the first tactic because the big golem cant pass the corridor) and some Orogs. Kill them and explore... wont spoil anymore unless you want.
About the items, i dont know whats the book for. The helmets are obviously to use if you want them (they are good) and the key i dont know, wear it just in case you need it here and then leave it along with the other stuff you have collected through the game (i have a closet full of keys, demon hearts, notes, books and other stuff).